In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The ITSM Team Lead - Has broad responsibilities for the deployment of ITSM related process and services. This includes:
- Plans, manages and evaluates team activities in order to accomplish department objectives.
- Ensures quality and on-time delivery of all activities under team purview.
- Participates in budget exercises and can identify and highlight opportunities for cost reduction.
- Identifies, deploys and monitors intelligent controls related to ITSM core functions.
- Competently represents team services as related to audit and regulatory requirements – defends and provide evidence when appropriate.
- Attends audit and compliance reviews, ensuring the team remains compliant with bank standards.
- Develops action plans to address any non-compliance.
- Participates with regional counterparts and CIB Global to ensure consistency and alignment of ITSM processes, becoming a recognized and valued contributor on global policies and processes.
- Responsible for BAU activities and operational procedures related to the BNP Change Audit process.
- Maintain continuous delivery of service through hiring and training of new staff.
- Ability to review the work of subordinates, providing constructive feedback and empowering them to work autonomously to realize their potential
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- 5+ years of exposure to components of IT Change / Incident / Problem / Request management and working experience within a mature ITIL-driven framework (financial services field a plus).
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Clear and comprehensive understanding of ITSM modules and their inter-relationships.
- ITIL Foundation Certification. (Minimum)
- Higher levels certification of ITSM (a strong plus).
- Ability to foster a collaborative environment and deliver consensus agreement with key IT stakeholders.
- Good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Ability to write communications, procedures and implement preventive/detective controls highlighting process operation adherence or the lack of it.
- Experience using ServiceNow Platform. (a strong plus)
- Remediate process deficiencies in a formalized approach engaging with multiple parties to bring closure.
- Understanding configuration management Database
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical levels.
- Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
- In depth, knowledge of the Incident management process workflow and process KRI/KPI’s.
- Ability to coordinate with various technical and non-technical teams to achieve quality results.
- Introduce new ideas to improve process effectiveness and efficiency.
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: https://www.bnpparibas.ca/en/our-job-offers/
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **