In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
BP2S requires a dedicated IT Service Management and Digital Transformation to oversee the different technological activities used by the Location. IT Service Manager is responsible to manage all IT related matters for BP2S and BPTS.
In general, this role covers local IT infrastructure set up, IT security risk management and all applications used locally. A key part of the role involves oversight of services provided by respective functional IT teams within the group.
IT Services Manager
• IT related documentation is maintained and updated such as:
1. SG systems Map showing all key systems, connectivity and server locations for systems used in SG.
2. SLAs in relation to IT services provided by others
3. List of primary, secondary BAU contacts, service escalation contacts for IT services
4. RFP responses
5. TRM or other technological regulatory documentation
• Provide onsite support to local users in liaising with relevant IT teams to resolve production issues and incidents. Ensure IT incidents are logged, reviewed and adequate action plans are implemented by respective teams. Where client deliverables are impacted, ensure appropriate information is provided for client communication.
• Provide local support for all IT topics relating to BCP
• Provide local IT support in new business/client implementation; work with users on appropriate development requests and prioritization, liaise with IT application teams on appropriate system enhancements. Where development is local, liaise with Chennai development team and take lead to follow up on progress. Where short term End User Computing is deployed, ensure this is properly controlled.
• Lead service reviews with relevant IT teams, maintain documentation, highlight to management any quality or performance issues, and make recommendation to improve. Ensure oversight of IT service providers are in line with MAS outsourcing guidelines.
• Represent and responsible for IT function for Securities Services in SG and take ownership to address all queries, questions in relation to Technology. Work with other IT teams to ensure SG business and regulatory requirements are adequately met where it relates to Technology. Provide recommendation to plans, strategies, resourcing and organization to ensure the IT function is appropriately supported to fulfil business and regulatory obligations.
IT and Digital Transformation project manager/ change manager
• Collect the requests/ ideas from the operational team and analyze them
• Be the main point of contact of all the IT changes on any applications and all Digital initiatives
• Track the IT projects until the deployment with overseas IT and Digital teams and requesters
• Main point of contact to liaise with the overseas IT team to implement the local needs when validated (Digital and IT initiatives)
• As Champion AI, Robotics and Automation activities for BP2S Singapore, drive the digital projects to successful digitalization and participate to global and regional digital meetings to update and share automation opportunities
• Encourage the IT and digital transformation by helping the team to identify their needs and accept the changes
• Monitor all the IT and Digital changes and initiatives in the Project portfolio with the PMO
• Feed the PMO on the status of each IT and Digital Projects : project milestones, budget execution, vendor evaluation
• Anticipate projects risks and ensure proper governance processes and that activities are clear and followed through
• Escalate all issues or risks to the management and PMO on the IT and Digital projects
• Be active member of the AI community and champion BP2S Singapore business automation requests.
• Contribute the Transformation /Efficiency meetings as the IT and Digital project manager
• Be the main point of contact on all the topics related to Cybersecurity
• Ensure appropriate controls are in place to secure the assets.
• Ensure local procedures and activities comply with all regulatory requirements and internal policies, procedures or guideline
• Advise the business operational teams on any topics related to Cybersecurity
• Escalate to the Management any Security breaches
• Ensure effective staff training programs are in place to increase security awareness
• Work with other IT services team to ensure compliance with MAS guidelines and Notice on TRM.
• Participate in client due diligence and service reviews where required
• Follow up on and drive closure of IT audit findings
• Prepare and train the entity staff on BCP.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• IT Knowledge
• Digital knowledge and be a digital maker
• Cybersecurity knowledge
• Business Continuity Knowledge
• Understanding of MAS TRM regulations
• Service focus
• Risk awareness
• Think out of the box
• Open-minded and ‘can-do’ attitude which encourages innovation, embraces change and be flexible by adapting quickly to changing priorities
• Approachable, accountable and available
• Continually looking for opportunities to improve project delivery through the Project Management Office
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to challenge
• Able to focus on a clear goal in all actions
• Ability to manage and influence other teams not under the direct control of this person.
• Ability to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure
• Capability to track project benefits realization and lessons learnt activities to feed into on-going improvements
• Ability to explain and rationalize Business Continuity to business and technical staff