About the job
- BNP Paribas, the leading bank in the European Union and a leading international player, is seeking to complement and reinforce its existing teams in the areas of IT Risk Management, Cybersecurity and the fight against digital fraud
- Within IT Group, Informatics Directorate of BNP Paribas, the Cybersecurity & Digital Fraud Department's mission aims to structure, strengthen and harmonize IT risk management and cybersecurity for the overall BNP Paribas Group (approximately 30 entities)
- Defining the vision and strategy for IT risk management and cybersecurity, and ensuring the implementation of this strategy within the Group’s operating entities, monitoring the security of the Group's information systems, steering the IT Continuity and Resilience strategy and methodological framework
- The evolving Cyberthreats landscape increases the security risk of financial sector, that leads BNP Paribas to strengthen its Cybersecurity maturity, IT risk management and Operation Resilience
- Within IT Group Cybersecurity & Digital Fraud department, you will be part of the Group Cyber Program team partially located In Portugal
- You will play a key role to develop Portugal platform, ensuring core Cyber Security activities are performed by all the entities of the Group in compliance to the Group Cyber security and IT Risk framework enabling the adequate protection of BNP Paribas
- The Group Cyber Security Program is a set of requirements that all the entities of the BNP Paribas Group must comply with to face Cyber criminality Risk in compliance with the Regulatory Constraints
- This Meta Program drives all the entities of the Group to launch their own programs and projects to meet this compliance, cover the Cyber Risks and enhance the security posture of the Group
- In order to monitor the exact level of maturity in compliance with the Group framework those entities need to be evaluated regarding their achievements.
- The Cyber Program team oversees this evaluation
- 16 colleagues (8 Externals and 8 Internals) work together and share their knowledge to evaluate in a coherent assessment all the entities of the Group and for all the topics of the Cyber Program (almost 35)
Your Main Activities Are
- Supporting the business entities and the Group in addressing their security issues
- Support and contribute to innovative technology projects in the business lines by providing the security rules to be respected
- Deploy the maturity evaluation process on the entities of your perimeter
- Help the entities understand the requirements and delivers the required evidences
- Evaluate the entities submissions in coherence with the assessments of the other entities
- Communicate and inform the entities of all changes impacting them
- Facilitate the relationship between the Group IT providers and the entities
- Document the results of the assessments answering the reporting requested by the Governance of the program
- Be part of a major Group Program Transformation, strategic and visible for the Bank
- Transversal Mission with many interactions with the entities of the Group and experts in all cyber security fields
- Develop knowledge in Cyber Security and IT risk
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor's Degree (3-5 years) in Information Technology or related field
- At least 5 years of experience as an IT Tech Leader, IT Production Expert, CyberSecurity Analyst or related role with knowledge on Cloud, Data, Infra, Network, Dev and/or Security
- Ability to anticipate business/strategic evolution (Proficient)
- Ability to understand, explain and support change (Proficient)
- Knowledge of a standard framework (NIST or equivalent)
- Ability to Analyze/Synthetize/Simplify
- Active Listening
- Ability to share/pass on knowledge
- Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
- Ability to inspire others and generate commitment
- Ability to establish and activate networks
- Ability to lead a meeting, seminar and/or committee
- Ability to effectively convey complex information with simple, high impact communication, at all levels of the organization
- Ability to be autonomous, to enhance the assessment methodology, facilitate the work for the entities and for the team and anticipate management request
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.