At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
At this time, Bank of the West is only considering candidates that do not require sponsorship.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing and coordinating activities toward achieving information systems and corporate objectives for Risk, Finance and Treasury Regulatory Reporting. Responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of technical systems and applications. Recommends, supports and coordinates all technical development resources for Regulatory Reporting Initiatives. Provides pre and post-implementation assessments of quality and benefit. Requires external and internal customer interface, effective people/team management ability, excellent presentation skills and strong "service" mindset with proven performance within Regulatory Reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Create strategy and roadmap for the function in alignment with overall IT and Function strategy.
- Works with the executives of functions to coordinate the prioritization of application software projects.
- Works with stakeholders on proposals towards funding the initiative. Ensures conformity of technology investments towards the strategy.
- Provides technical and domain guidance to the team. Oversees the department and ensures projects/programs are delivered as efficiently as possible.
- Partners with wider IT leadership towards overall IT strategy. Develops cross system impact plan and coordinates with information systems groups.
Other Job Duties
- Supports training and professional development for staff members as needed to perform job duties
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, and monitors progress and risks. Develops recommendations/action plans. Assesses overall performance of units and develops/monitors action plans.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Interprets their applicability to short and long-term bank needs.
- Creates quality standards group and performs other duties as assigned.
Strong Domain experience a must - Regulatory Reporting: Risk, Finance and
Strong knowledge of Data and proven experience in leading large data projects
is a must. Experience with Big Data, a
experience in facing C-level leadership across Risk, Finance and IT is a
- Leadership: Proven experience in
leading large multi-location, matrix projects a must.
- Experience: Requires
12-15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading tools in the regulatory reporting
space with large data projects.
- Strong background and experience with different types of regulatory
reporting such as CCAR, FR Y-9C and 5G Liquidity Reporting
- Proven track record of accountability for program delivery
- Must have large or medium scale/global banking experience
- Ability to manage multiple, complex,
concurrent systems and projects.
- Experience with managing vendor services and
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment
opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by
applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer -
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject
to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology