Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
DevOps team is responsible to provide DevOps tools and platform to the users globally. Team is responsible for managing the services and maintaining the tools. Automation is the major part where we integrate the various tools and provide end-to-end fully automated services to the users.
Team is also responsible for providing assistance to the development teams where we assist them and provide the best practices thereby help them to achieve fully automated CI/CD pipeline.
Responsible of the relations with the development teams to ensure the good integration of the systems in the production platform and in the infrastructures, which includes architecture and design, capacity planning, application monitoring and performance & stability enhancements
23rd March, 2022
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This is a leadership position. This role will be to manage implementation of Collab/DevOps Platform at the CIB level. A strong candidate who possesses good understanding of Collab tools and processes with strong understanding of DevOps implementation and rollout. The candidate is required to have strong knowledge of some of the platforms/technologies listed in description.
- 10-12 years’ experience managing large team size (10-30 members) of DevOps experts.
- 15+ years of IT work experience preferably in BFSI sector
- Manage Budgets and attend budget meetings.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing Audits/ required Controls required in place.
- Implement and support the highest quality governance.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, training, performance management of employees and manage team attrition.
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management and project management.
- Manages large sized teams including Leads in DevOps and Collaborative tools team. Guide them to implement and provide industry standard services.
- Experience in DevOps/Collab tools engineering, designing application/production architecture
- Work closely and follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Experience working in an agile delivery environment.
- Strong experience with approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software. Setting Continuous Integration & deployment platform using CloudBees Jenkins / Ansible.
- Interacts with senior management and has some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures for new projects.
- Strong knowledge on DevOps tools listed and Collaborative tools like Confluence/Jira.
- Follow technical architecture standards where applicable.
- Define DevOps transformation strategy and roadmaps.
- Managing projects focused at modernizing legacy software delivery using Continuous Integration
- Strong experience on Production support activities as per ITIL process (Problem/Incident & Change Management)
- Work as a team to design and develop parts of the system.
- Analyze and review technical specifications/implementations
- Be involved in support if a major problem in production instances arises.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Server OS - Windows / Linux platforms
- Scripting languages - Shell, Python
- Containers – Docker, Kubernetes
- Code Repository – GIT, Bitbucket
- Code quality - SonarQube
- Continuous Integration – Cloudbees Jenkins
- Release Automation Tools – Ansible
- Artifact repository –Artifactory
- Project management – Confluence, Jira
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- ITIL(must have)
- DevOps Certifications(nice to have)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 12 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)