In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE :
Within the Wealth Management IT Hub Ops Division, the Senior Business Analyst (Senior BA) will lead the business analysis activities related to his/her area of expertise, covering the scope of International Wealth Management activity in Europe and in Asia.
The main missions of the Senior BA will be to:
• Analyze gaps in functionality and processes between European and Asian sites and propose solutions to converge and align them into a common design.
• Analyze and structure new requirements with all stakeholders involved in order to propose to the organization the best way to deliver appropriate solutions and integrate them in the overall program;
• Lead the elaboration of a functional solution with business stakeholders and concerned IT teams
• Lead, with the support of technical teams, the definition of the solution and the implementation roadmap
• Drive the definition of use cases for Integration tests with testing team and for User Acceptance Test with end users
• Manage all the decision making and analysis process allowing to design, validate the solution, and get the necessary approvals in terms of architecture, IT risk and IT Security, budget and capacity planning.
• Coordinate the implementation from a project management perspective and ensure the WMIS Project governance is applied at each step
• Bring added value to both the IT tools functionality and potential changes to operational processes impacted.
• Ensure that every new solution implemented respects WMIS standards and allows for mutualization / reuse as much as possible between sites.
• Ensure all requirements are approached from a global perspective for all sites. Specific solution should only be considered to address regulatory, tax or accounting specific requirements
The Senior BA will be the privileged contact for user representatives during the analysis and project phases, and will be responsible for all standard business analysis tasks such as:
• Preliminary studies and analysis (including leading user workshops)
• Cost estimation and planning elaboration and follow-up
• Lead and coordinate the work of other BAs from the same expertise domain
• Organize and run dedicated meetings or committees, as required
• Identify and report on project risks, attention points and issues to follow-up
• Requirements and general functional specifications (GFS): Coordination of workshops, minutes, writing GFS, Review and validation with Sponsors, Presentation and support to Dev Team, etc
• Coordinate with all teams, from same division or other divisions, working on the same project
• Plan the migration strategy and change management activities related to these new projects
• Coordinate, supervise and contribute to Users Acceptance Tests (UAT) related to new implementations
• Ensure the good relationship with business sponsors and stakeholders on each location
MAIN SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scope of project(s)
• Core Banking Platform, focused on assigned area of expertise
• Transversal topics involving other domains, with an impact on assigned area of expertise.
Responsibilities and skills required:
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal third-parties to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Screen and Interface designs, Business process designs
• Define requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, managers, subject matter experts and technical teams.
• Serves as the conduit between the customer community and the technology teams through which requirements flow.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates & methodology
• Collaborate with the team’s experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
CUSTOMER/SUPPLIER RELATIONS :
WMIS (Wealth Management Information Systems organization):
• WM IT Hub (Singapore and Chennai) and WMIS in other locations (Switzerland, Lisbon, Paris, etc)
• Engineering, Infrastructure and Production teams
• Strategy & Architecture
• IT Security
• Global Project Management Office (PMO)
• Control & Finance
Out of WMIS:
• Sponsors & Transversal teams, and in particular: COO and Operations teams in Head Office and in respective sites, and all other Business representatives who may be connected to Core Banking activities, and assigned area of expertise.
• Solution providers and vendors, whether internal or external to BNPP group.
At least 10 years of experience in :
• Banking Industry, as a Business Analyst and as a Project Manager
• Core Banking processes and features:
• Strong knowledge of transaction capture, settlement and accounting booking
• Expert knowledge on Payment and transaction settlement systems (SWIFT, SEPA, local domestic systems in Europe and in Asia)
• Strong knowledge of financial products and on their underlying (Securities, Payments, Money Markets, Foreign Exchange, Credit, Derivatives and Structured Products, Commodities, Mutual Funds)
• Knowledge of Corporate actions processing
Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
Strong proficiency with Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Visio
Familiar with project management tools as well as issue and release management, production and support (JIRA, Service Now, PPM tools, etc)