In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
• To conduct Information Technology and Cybersecurity audit work in accordance with the IG methodology and ensure high standard of deliverables
• To contribute to the Information Communication Technology risk assessment of audit universe establishing a reliable communication channel with the auditees.
• To follow through with auditee on implementation of recommendations
1. Participate in the audit team assignments and special reviews (when required by regulators, business lines, or senior management)
• Contribute to the planning and preparation of the assignment e.g. understanding the methodology to be applied, acquiring a deep knowledge of the activities to be covered, understanding the detailed technologies, gathering relevant key figures, etc.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the activities within the scope of the assignment, its strategy and governance, and the related risks.
• Evaluate the overall setup and identify the main areas of risk (including a comprehensive assessment of the management actions).
• Execute detailed investigations leveraging on a strong technical knowledge in various IT systems (Databases, Operating systems Linux/Windows, Cybersecurity/Network security, Virtualization, containerization, Cloud Computing and related risks)
• Leverage on adequate programming languages and scripting to perform efficient investigations by automating analysis.
• Ensure the adequate learning and understanding of the standard IT solutions used in the IT infrastructure and production, Cybersecurity management in order to analyze adequately their configuration and be able to identify and raise potential risks.
• Recommend appropriate actions to the management in order to remediate the identified weaknesses.
• Formalize the results of the assignment investigations and contribute to the production of the assignment deliverables.
• Present the conclusions of the assignment fieldwork to the senior management.
2. Review the implementation of the Inspection Générale recommendations
• Review and challenge the actions defined to remediate the weaknesses identified by the audit team through its assignments.
• Ensure the adequacy of the answers to address permanently the gaps following accurately the recommended actions.
• Perform relevant control testing to ensure the proper implementation of the actions.
3. Contribute to the periodic risk assessment of IT activities and planning
• Perform a periodic and comprehensive risk assessment of the IT activities as per the Group guidelines.
• Keep abreast of change/new development of regulatory requirements that are relevant to IT activities and related functions.
• Assist in the elaboration of the IT audit planning following a risk-based approach.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Strong expertise in Cybersecurity (IT security hands-on experience is a plus)
Strong technical background in IT activities (including IT production / IT systems expertise)
Curiosity, rigor, and precision.
Outstanding analytical skills
Ability to synthesize
Excellent writing and presentation skills (in English)
High level of initiative, commitment, and drive
Ability to work effectively under pressure and within short deadlines
Promotes a constructive, cooperative, and participative teamwork environment
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Possess a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Information Technology/ Management Information System / Computer Science and related discipline;
• Not less than 5 years of experience in external auditing / internal auditing / IT / risk / compliance / internal control / operations in the financial services industry.
• Professional Qualification/Certificate in Audit, e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM, CCSP is a plus.