ISPL Chennai Standard JD
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) is one of the 6 strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor's*. With a presence in 85 countries and more than 205,000 employees, 165,200 of which in Europe, BNP Paribas is a global-scale European leader in financial services. It holds key positions in its three activities: Retail banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. The Group benefits from its four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. BNP Paribas also has a significant presence in the United States and strong positions in Asia and the emerging markets.
AVP - Business Management
Entity & Business Line:
Head, ISPL Chennai
Purpose of Role:
Head of Business Management is responsible to spearhead the BM team
Main Job Tasks and responsibilities
· Consolidate budget estimates from all the departments; examine data for accuracy and completeness, feed data into budget tool.
· Present a final budget overview for management validation.
· Post budget, track and record additional budget approvals and publish the revised target figures to stakeholders.
· Cater to ad-hoc/periodic reporting requirements from onshore/local stakeholders on various aspects such as cost, headcount, budget etc.
· Design and publish periodic presentations to various internal stakeholders to provide an overview of Key highlights, Financials, Budget vs Actuals, Cost break-up, Métier performance reports.
· Arrive at key metrics significant to management decision making, strategic planning
· Lead, manage, guide, mentor the team to enhance performance, organise periodic & annual performance reviews
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the key competencies detailed below to the standard required for the role.
Competencies required; 1 – essential, 2 – desirable
· Expertise in Complex Data Mining, Analytics, Business Intelligence - 1
· Demonstrated ability in creating and designing effective management presentations - 1
· Skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness – 1
· Expert level written and verbal communication skills - 1
· Excellent Organization and Interpersonal skills - 1
Level of Education:
· Qualifications: Post-graduate – Preferably in Business Administration/Banking
Previous Level of Experience:
· Minimum 12 years of Business Management / Analytics experience.
· Analytical skills
· Management Reporting
· Process Management & Governance
· Creativity & Problem Solving