In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
• Provide support & control to the Exotic IRFX Business conducted under BNP Paribas
• This role encompasses trade validation & booking in booking systems (MO&BO)
1. TRADE SUPPORT
• Ensure that Rates Derivatives Exotics trades booking are in line with external source (termsheets from Front office) and rectify discrepancies on the same day
• Manually book the deals in Middle Office system, MUREX.
• Monitor and process option exercises and special events
• Post amendments, market events and cancellations
• Resolve queries from BO and other stakeholders
• Assist Front Office in ad-hoc rebooking requests and update in Middle Office systems.
• Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
• Ensure all controls are in place and reconciliations front-to-back are investigated and reconciled:
i. Emails from Back offices, Middle offices and IT are investigated
ii. Emails from Credit Risk control are investigated
iii. Abnormal Trading are investigated and accounted
iv. Ensuring trades are booked timely on trade date
v. Account for missing booking and escalate when necessary
vi. Checking of daily reports
3. Others (for Associate and above)
• Providing solutions to new business initiatives
• Reviewing workflow and propose enhancements to improve processes
• Review controls are updated and reviewed regularly
• Providing training and guidance to junior members
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Basic knowledge in Interest Rates Derivatives products (IRS, CCS, Swaption, Range, Callable) and FX Options
• Familiar with Middle Office Support functions
• Basic knowledge on VBA – Hands on experience to develop and modify Macro spreadsheet
• Murex knowledge preferred
• Responsible, meticulous, self-motivated, fast learner, positive attitude
• Possess great team spirit but yet can work independently
• Confident and possess good communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly driven, resourceful and result oriented
Specific Qualifications Required
• Tertiary qualification
• Ideally with relevant experience. Fresh graduate will also be considered
• Ability to work on staggered hours (9am-6pm, 11am-8pm)
• Willing to work on public holiday on rotation basis