About the job
- To help and contribute to the set-up and development of the investment risk framework of the International Markets (“IM”) Products & Services platform. The IM Products & Services platform is providing high-end expertise, investment services and financial products to wealthy, sophisticated and demanding private clients
- It has a wide range of offering and is positioned as a hub for the IM sites of Wealth Management
Your Main Activities Are
- Investment Risk Framework
- To run the Discretionary Portfolio Management (DPM) and Advisory Investment Risk reporting processes
- To prepare the DPM and Advisory Investment Risk Committees
- To produce risk metrics for clients’ portfolios – VaR, stress tests, tracking error,etc
- To promote a risk culture by contributing to the improvement of control framework and respect of investment policies and client conduct
- Launch MiFID II related controls under the framework of Investment Risk
- Modelling Framework
- To run the modelling of financial products processes
- Keep the stock of non-modelled products at a desirable level
- To review the risk score of the financial products offered to WM clients
- To challenge and propose new approaches for modelling of financial products
- Having concepts of investment policies and risk controlling is required
- Having intermediate knowledge and understanding of financial markets and its products, as well as investment processes and services offered by the wealth management industry
Profile and Skills to Success
- 2+ years of experience in Banking and Financial Operations or Financial Analysis and Advisory
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Management, Accounting, Mathematics or equivalent
- Knowledge of financial markets and products (equities, bonds, funds, derivatives, private equity, …)
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office tools, in particular Excel, Power Point and Access (Business Object / BI4 is a plus)
- Proficient “end user” computing programming skills – SQL, PowerBI, Python, VBA, etc
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English. French is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Capacity to adapt to a fast pace and multi-cultural environment
- Good analysis capacity, rigor and accuracy, dynamism, flexibility and autonomy
- Ability to synthetize / simplify and challenge the status-quo
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.