Investment Compliance Junior Analyst with German
BNP Paribas Securities Services
is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration
and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial
intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36
markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
For DFS investment compliance team within BNP Paribas Securities Services in Poland which is an exciting, dynamic and growing operation centre in Warsaw we are looking for candidates who are willing to apply for the position of:
Depositary and Fiduciary Services Department (DFS) is a department of BNP Paribas Securities Services whose aim is to protect investment fund’s assets and investors’ interests as well as ensure transparency and risk reduction within fund industry. We perform oversight duties such as Net Asset Value reviews, cash monitoring controls, safekeeping fund’s assets and overseeing fund’s portfolios and to ensure that they comply with obligations outlined in relevant laws and fund’s constitutional documents.
Currently in Warsaw we provide Investment Compliance service for BNP Paribas Securities Services’ depositary clients from France, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain and Hong Kong.
- Analysis of contractual and legal requirements and restrictions for German investment funds (in fund prospectus, investment guidelines and other documents)
- Codification of these guidelines in the investment compliance system
- Daily investment compliance tasks such as analysis of investment compliance breaches, monitoring Value at Risk and Backtesting Reports
- Set up of funds, fund mergers and fund liquidations in the investment compliance system
- Taking part in projects aimed at process enhancements and knowledge sharing
- University degree (preferably Finance, Economics, Law) or equivalent professional experience
- Very good level of English and at least intermediate German language
- Good knowledge of MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) would be considered as an advantage
- Basic knowledge of the investment funds industry and securities market will be considered as an advantage
- Motivation and willingness to learn
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work environment with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (tennis school, football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.)
- Wide range of trainings: soft skills, professional competences, technical trainings and financial knowledge trainings
- Opportunities to growth within the organization including 6 Career Paths to choose from
- Attractive benefits package:
- private medical care,
- life insurance,
- sport card,
- lunch card,
- additional benefits to choose from the cafeteria platform (cinema and theatres tickets, online shops vouchers, etc.)
- co-funding of language courses and many more
- Prestigious work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego
Candidates meeting the above mentioned requirements and interested in cooperation are asked to e-mail their applications in English (CV).
Thank you in advance for sending your application. We kindly inform you we will contact only chosen candidates.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application: I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.