BNP Paribas Securities Services
is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration
and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial
intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36
markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers
(including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds,
pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services
for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global
custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody
solution in Poland and other markets.
new activity within BNP Paribas
Securities Services in Poland which is an
exciting, dynamic and growing operation centre in Warsaw we are looking for candidates who are willing
to apply for the position of:
Investment Compliance Expert in Depositary and
Depositary and Fiduciary Services department is
appointed to Fund’s asset protection: cash monitoring, safekeeping Fund’s
assets and overseeing the Fund’s affairs to ensure that it complies with
obligations outlined in relevant laws and Fund’s constitutional documents.
Administer the effectiveness of daily operations in investment compliance
Be fully adaptable to perform operational BAU processes.
Proactively support line Team Leader in any BAU topics and crisis management.
Creation, maintenance and validation of operational procedures from a technical point of view.
Technical support and advisory role in BAU queries, client onboarding and projects aimed at process improvements.
Lead technical improvements in the investment compliance scope and supporting ACE team in achieving savings. Be able to identify the process risks related to improvement and propose methods to mitigate them.
Take part in the development of new products and services, designing new solutions – testing, go live.
Support ORPC with risk identification.
Proactively communicate any cases that could be subject to escalation. Ensure that escalation flow is being respected.
Maintain superior relationship with internal and external clients and promote client focus approach among other team members.
Supporting Management during due diligence visits of business partners as well as audit and client visits.
Actively support teams across entire department in their business by sharing best practice, process improvements and expertise, seeking synergies between teams (processes).
Providing regular updates to the department about regulatory changes and system changes impacting the business (e.g. TL meetings, Q&A, Townhall).
Promote Warsaw DFS thorough leading an expertise growth.
Organizing trainings/workshops regularly (service related- processes, incidents treatment).
Liaise with Service Delivery team on system improvements; proposing priorities for improvements in the system for DFS Warsaw scope (e.g. Eurosycomore Location review committee).
Liaise with other experts and senior specialist in IOC (‘experts’ panel) to share best practice and advice between departments.
- University degree (Finance, Economics, Law) or equivalent professional experience.
- Min. 4 years of work experience in the investment fund industry or BP2S.
- Fluent English language skills, spoken and written.
- Very good knowledge of PC applications (Excel, PowerPoint), knowledge of VBA and MS Access would be an advantage.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the processes performed in one’s team; very good knowledge of all core processes performed in IC scope and IC GDM dependent processes.*
- Deep understanding of DFS business line (knowledge of at least 3 different processes performed in the department).
- Profound knowledge of the investment funds industry and securities market, professional certifications (e.g. CISI) would be an advantage.
- Outstanding analytical/problem solving skills and communicative competences.
- Capability of working under stress.
- High attention to detail including accurate proof reading.
- Self-motivation, teamwork, analytical skills, creativity and innovation, client focus.
* Core processes understanding Follow up files
analysis in different teams (IC Paris, LUX, Germany), rule building, NAV
reviews, Audit Certs, Subs and reds, preparation for Certification – basics
(Paris), GDM IC- dependent processes (importation diffusion, index upload, underlying fund creation), fund life cycle.
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work environment with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (tennis school, football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.)
- Wide range of trainings: soft skills, professional competences, technical trainings and financial knowledge trainings
- Opportunities to grow within the organization including 6 Career Paths to choose from
- Attractive benefits package:
- private medical care,
- life insurance,
- sport card,
- lunch card,
- additional benefits to choose from the cafeteria platform (cinema and theatres tickets, online shops vouchers, etc.)
- Co-funding of language courses and many more
- Prestigious work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego
Candidates meeting the above mentioned requirements and interested in
cooperation are asked to e-mail their applications in English (CV).
Thank you in advance for sending your application. We kindly inform you
we will contact only chosen candidates.
Please attach the below
clause to your application: I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application
to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27
April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing
of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive
95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law
with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018
(Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right
at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal
Primary Location: PL-MA-WarsawJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Attention to detail / rigor, Organizational skills, Resilience, Critical thinking, Ability to synthetize / simplify, Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving, Client focusedTransversal competency: Knowing a foreign language (specify which language), Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution, Ability to set up relevant performance indicators, Analytical AbilityReference: ICE/DFS/20