Paribas Hong Kong, the KYC Operations team’s is responsible for the KYC due
diligence on the clients of the bank for onboarding or recertification.
supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers
The team is
responsible for 3 main activities:
1. Execute the
onboarding and recertification of clients of the bank in adherence to the
Global KYC Policy
2. Align with
internal stake holders to provide clarity on the KYC file during such process
support on dashboarding, change and data quality management
responsibilities of this role will be diverse and varying, depending on work
required to be actioned.
- Perform thorough
investigation on hits, PEPs and adverse news in close co-ordination with different
internal BNPP teams, including the relationship managers.
- Ensure all relevant
information regarding the investigation are documented and verified accurate
and circulate to the internal client management stakeholders for further
- Complete KYC
investigation requests in adherence to relevant Standard Operating Procedure(SOP), which
also makes reference to relevant policies including Global KYC Policy.
- Ensure timely
escalation and own proposed course of actions to line management to address identified
risks and blocking points during each investigation handling. Also, identify,
analyze, report and explore proposed course of actions to line management in
relation to production, policy and system issues.
- Develop a good
understanding of the overall KYC operations process and act as a subject matter
expert to support the team
- Embrace continuous
changes and challenges; handle various initiatives and ad-hoc project as
assigned by line management.
- Work in close and
continuous collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to achieve
set objectives and resolve any issues during daily tasks.
- Keep accurate track
record of all assigned requests; from receipt through execution of requests.
- Follow-up and document
all production incidents until closure.
- Major clients including
Corporate Coverages, Commodity Finance, Investment Banking, Transaction
Banking, Financial Institutional Coverages, Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed
Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and
Commodities Futures Trading].
- Participate in various
projects and initiatives as directed by manager to deliver changes/quality output
with respect to operational processes, policies, data quality, regulatory
initiatives and strategies, remediation, etc.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
-Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Exhibit high willingness
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- University graduate, preferably with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups.
- Good understanding of Due Diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
- Working knowledge in relation to Corporate Banking products [e.g. Cash/Deposit, Loan Syndication/Agency, Trade Finance, ECM/DCM, etc] and/or Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
**Candidates with strong potential but less than 2 years relevant work experience can be considered.