International Development Officer
We celebrate a strong diverse team-oriented culture rich in collaboration, partnership and career advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career growth, and an immediate 6% match on our 401K plan and 100% vesting on day 1.
Job Description Summary
The International Development Officer is responsible for self-sourcing and acquisition of new international customers (Mass Affluent and High Net worth individuals relocating to the US from Abroad) for Bank of the West within the San Francisco Bay Area.
This position provides exceptional customer service by taking ownership of the entire onboarding experience; profiling, assessing of the banking and borrowing needs and introduction to the branch network or Wealth Management.
The International Dev. Officer is responsible for establishing himself/herself as the ambassador within the International communities for Bank of the West’s International Residents Desk. This require and existing extensive network within the International Ecosystem and the active participation in both internal and external networking events as well as the organization of community events dedicated to the International community.
Essential Job Functions
- Self-sourcing and acquisition of new International customers.
- Leveraging his/her own extensive network in the International communities (Chambers of Commerce, Consulates, Lawyers, CPA’s, etc) and proactively reaching out to potential customers and referral sources.
- Represents the Bank through active participation in communities and industry organizations and events that promote the business interests of Bank of the West.
- Creating cross-referral relationships with centers of influence and service providers dedicated to the International Communities.
- Assess the client’s needs and recommends the appropriate Bank of the West products and services (Private Banking Services & Wealth Management, Mortgage Banking, Foreign Exchange, etc).
- Works proactively with the branches, private client advisors and sales coordinators to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Maintains a complete understanding of and competency with products, services and the Bank’s business customer acquisition strategy;
- Monitors personal weekly/monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales targets and results are achieved.
- Interacts directly with BNPP worldwide business units as needed.
- Suggests improvements to processes and suggests innovative solutions to problems faced by the International clientele.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Fluent in foreign language preferred (German, Italian, Dutch)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Business Development (Self Sourcing) and/or Sales
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- High School Diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.