Head of Canada Brand & Communications
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Internal Communication Specialist assists in implementing a strategic, multi-faceted communications program designed to build and strengthen the organization's role and reputation as a leader and authoritative voice in its field. As an internal communications Specialist, you will be responsible to communicate to the employees and the management for all relevant information. You will play a key role in the business because you will be engaging employees and helping to motivate them to do their best for the company. You will be working with people at every level, keeping them informed on positive developments in the company and building understanding in the event of problems.
• Establish and implement internal communications strategy to support the organization's mission, goals and objectives.
• Design, draft and produce compelling written, visuals and audiovisuals materials for social medias, press, intranet and digital magazine in French and in English, for a diverse, multi-cultural audience
• Advise Management of developments throughout the organization, either face to face or through regular written communication
• Draft messages or scripts for senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
• Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation
• Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
• Ensure internal communications messages consistency across all mediums internally (for different departments of the organization) and externally
• Set metrics, analyze data and create reports on communications activities, impact, and progress
• Respond to feedback from all employees and adjust communications content accordingly
• Actively gather good practices from peers across the BNP Paribas network of the local eco-system
• Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a BNP Paribas employee in Montreal, you will benefit from:
• Working in a brand new Flexible working office space
• Comprehensive Benefits policy
• Giving back to the community through the Volunteering committee (Tree planting, Welcome Hall Mission, etc.)
• Participating in various activities through the Sports & Leisure Committee all year round
• Improving hard and soft skills thanks to the numerous BNPP Canada Academy trainings
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree, in communications, marketing, public relations or journalism is an advantage, though other degrees are often acceptable.
• 5 years’ experience in a communications team, especially internal communications within a large organization.
• Fluent in both French and English – writing and speaking
• Strategic Skills : Strategic skills are important in this role. You must be able to develop an internal communications strategy, working with senior management and managers. Through your strategy, you must develop an understanding of the company’s goals and values, and build commitment to success. You will also advise executives and managers on their role in effective internal communication.
• Communication Skills: To put the communication strategy into practice, you will need excellent writing (French & English) and presentation skills. You’ll be creating content for digital magazine, internal website and e-mail communications. You may also have to write scripts for senior executives when they are presenting information to employees. You may have to make presentations to employees as well as management.
• Interpersonal skills: good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with HR department and others. Have the confidence to deal with senior management. Strong judgment
• Creative skills: Have the creative ability to adopt different communications strategies. Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.