**While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not consider candidates needing visa sponsorship now or anytime in the future for this role**
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Intern will actively participate as a team member of select business unit(s), mirroring the position of a full-time employee in that unit. Responsibilities will include specific assignments and/or projects that will contribute to a practical, experiential learning environment in an assigned area of our business. The Internship Program will run from June 1, 2020 - August 7, 2020.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Actively participates in day-to-day business activities of an assigned business unit.
- Contributes to one or more business unit initiative(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Rising Senior (graduation dates: December 2020 - June 2021)
- Previous college level course work in: Data Concepts (SQL, Databases, JDBC, RDBMS, etc.)
- Object Oriented programming
- Technical Engineering background with Computer Science/Information System degree
- Previous experience working with Java, SQL, scripting
- Previous experience working with Python (optional)
**While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not consider candidates needing visa sponsorship now or anytime in the future for this role**Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Administrative / Clerical