Intern – Financial Accounting and Reporting – Performance Reporting
For summer 2019, BNP Paribas in Canada will open to students 2 positions among its 2 main departments that are Performance Reporting and Cost Accounting. During their tenure in the program, interns will take part in several corporate events including Welcome day, training & presentation to Management.
Head of Performance Reporting.
• Participate in the monthly and quarterly closing tasks (systems extractions, documentation maintenance, static data maintenance, profitability mapping, etc)
• Help the teams update or create documentation of its processes and controls
• Performing production and ad-hoc analysis.
• Assisting in the offshore task transfer project
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a BNP Paribas graduate in Montreal, you will benefit from:
• Working in a brand new Flexible working office space
• Giving back to the community through the Volunteering committee (Tree planting, Welcome Hall Mission, etc.)
• Participating in various activities through the Sports & Leisure Committee all year round
• Improving hard and soft skills thanks to the numerous BNPP Canada Academy trainings
• Summer Fridays, Lunch & Learn, and much more
• Contribute to the bank’s diversity through Employee Resource Groups
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE• Second year of Bachelor’s degree in Administration Finance/Accounting .
• Knowledge of the Finance Services Industries is an asset
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Analytical kills.
• Good interpersonal skills
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.