At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Must be able to speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese.
Responsible for contributing to Pacific Rim Division's growth and profitability. Acquires, expands and retains commercial, small business and retail relationships by meeting the financial needs of companies and professionals in local markets as well as Pacific Rim countries. Develops loans, depository accounts and other fee generating services. Responsible for both new business development and portfolio/relationship management.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Supports business development goals through effective calling on existing and potential customers to identify business and personal needs of companies (including both executives and employees).
- Works closely with Wealth Management, Treasury, Cash Management, International Trade, and other major areas of the Bank to promote the sales and implementation of complex financial products and services. Provides assistance to customers with Foreign Exchange transactions by contacting the Treasury Department. Acts as liaison between customers and Treasury Department for the purchase of Euros or other investment products.
- Originates consumer, small business (including SBA and Express Letters of Credit) and residential real estate loans by interviewing applicants and determining borrowing needs. Negotiates types of loans , terms and conditions within established guidelines. Ensures all loan documentation is accurately completed. Assists customers in signing loan documents and makes proper disclosures. May disburse loan proceeds.
- Obtains and analyzes all necessary financial data and supporting documents on borrowers. Makes recommendations to underwriters/credit administration or any other appropriate lending authority.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of major customer relationships (retail and commercial) by providing consultative advice, products, and services to meet customer needs. Responsible for increasing the number of major relationships and total profitability of assigned portfolio.
- Establishes an effective calling program to interact with customers and prospects that reside in Pacific Rim countries to develop new business.
- Ensures development and preparation of effective proposals for presentation to existing and potential customers. Has primary responsibility for marketing presentations to professionals or company decision-makers.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Bank within the designated marketplace. Ensures compliance with CRA outreach programs.
- Keeps abreast of economic and political factors within Pacific Rim countries that might impact the development of business relationships.
- Provides coaching/training for Customer Service Representatives and Financial Service Consultants on sales/marketing techniques and product knowledge.
- Resolves unusual or non-routine inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Complete knowledge of financial products and services used by commercial and retail customers with an emphasis on Asian owned and operated companies (including both executives and employees).
- Demonstrated sales and portfolio management ability.
- Good understanding of issues related to economic, political and business practices in Pacific Rim countries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales