Infrastructure Specialist - Linux Security
As a Linux Security Engineer (SIEM) you will have a strong understanding of infrastructure environments and will have the opportunity to be part of the operational security team within IT. The purpose of this role is to ensure the normal operation of infrastructure and partake in security related projects, which are designed to protect the organisation and customers.
You will be responsible:
- To install, manage and maintain all linux based systems within the cardif pinnacle group including web and internet based systems.
- To install, manage and maintain all file transfers and related systems utilised by the Cardif Pinnacle group.
- To provide 3rd line support for Linux based systems utilised by the Cardif Pinnacle group.
- To provide 3rd line support for Linux based systems utilised by rhea Cardif Pinnacle group.
- To backup and support the DBA and Middleware support functions.
- Provide 3rd line Red Hat Linux Infrastructure support. Install, test, troubleshoot and modify new equipment/solutions to achieve maximum performance.
- Prove technical expertise in the development and deployment of service infrastructure, driving improved technical and service performance
- Design and drive processes to facilitate smooth seamless deployment of new services
- Supervise the delivery of 3rd party suppliers and contractors to ensure that delivery specification and standards meet requirements
- Standardise equipment to minimise disruption and contribute to the continuous improvement of policies, processes and procedures
- Establish and maintain appropriate procedures for monitoring system performance & usage
- Write scripts to assist with procedures and monitoring controls
- Manage and maintain both physical and virtual (VMware) Server environments
- Manage and maintain the web system databases used by the web infrastructure.
- General administration of the linux systems; user, folder and file management, management of DNS, NFS, SAMBA, SMTP, Apache, IP Tables etc.
- Regularly monitor all critical and internet facing linux servers for signs of intrusion and respond appropriately
- Act, behave appropriately and comply with the internal rules and regulations of BNP Paribas
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and groups internal compliance requirements
- In-depth RHEL (5+ years administration)
- Virtualisation – VMWare vSPhere
- 3rd line level operational infrastructure support
- Keen interest in IT Security
- Hands on security vulnerability, pen testing, hacking/finding gaps in the product security
- Excellent scripting skills (Perl/Bash/Java/Phthon/Go)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- LAMP Stack
At Cardif Pinnacle we’re on a mission to keep pets happy, healthy and safe. We want to become the leading pet healthcare service provider by being holistic and using technology to keep our customer’s pets safe and healthy.
We pride ourselves on providing an inclusive working environment. Every team works collaboratively to ensure our goals our met and we all play as hard as we work.
You are you, and we recognise your individuality, offering a wide range of support and tailored working environments to suit your personal needs.
With exciting projects on the horizon, there hasn’t been a better time to join us.
So what are you waiting for?! Apply now!
Cardif Pinnacle is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas Cardif, a worldwide provider of insurance and savings products, and ultimately part of the global banking group, BNP Paribas SA. The business was formed in 1971 as Pinnacle Insurance Company Ltd, and established itself as a leading specialist provider of protection and investment solutions. Today the company is focused upon the provision of creditor, pet (Everypaw & Helpucover, Post Office pet insurance) and motor warranty insurance. (Warranty Direct)