At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Infrastructure Engineer is a point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal performance.
- Have responsibility for the evaluation of assigned service requests and support tickets.
- Professionally deliver one-on-one desk-side and remote support to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Manage and document all support request statuses/communications through the Service Request and ticketing systems.
- Perform setup of equipment for employee use, performing OS installation and application configuration, following documented procedures and adhering to service level agreements.
- Perform hardware inventory management tasks.
- Install various hardware components and software on desktop computers.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs for hardware, software, and printing issues.
- Perform deployment and troubleshooting of mobile devices (smartphones, tablets).
- Act as team contributor and/or lead project efforts.
- Interface with engineering, network, development, and operations team members.
- Knowledge of Powershell, Vbscript or other scripting technologies preferred.
- Experience in Application Testing, Application packaging and Application Virtualization for Windows 7 preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows Registry, Active Directory and Group Policy.
With moderate supervision, participates in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. Mid-tier resource for problem support.
- Coordinates the tasks associated with repairs or installations.
- Reviews and contributes to system and network performance results, the development of system standards, strategies, and workflows.
- Ensures the compliance with documented strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.