** Infrastructure Engineer II
Job Description Summary
Participates in the design, engineering, development, testing and implementation, operation and maintenance of Windows 10 image, and VDI environment. Collaborating with other team members to develop automation strategies and employment processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Intermediate knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Remains current on new technology and maintains appropriate certifications.
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Follows documented techniques and performs testing and certifications.
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of solutions.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. Mid-tier resource for problem support.
- Coordinates the tasks associated with repairs or installations.
- Reviews and contributes to system and network performance results, the development of system standards, strategies, and workflows.
- Ensures the compliance with documented strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5+ years of relevant experience, VMWare Experience Required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives
• Follows documented techniques and performs testing and certifications.
• Design, deploy and maintain virtual desktop infrastructure solutions based on VMWare with Windows 10
• Be a Subject Matter Expert in Windows 10 including architecture, (re)design, deployment, both physical & virtual.
• Review existing technology implementations and suggest and implement improvements and upgrades.
• Use and evaluate the most advanced tools, technology, and product design solutions that support enterprise-wide applications.
• Maintain awareness of the foundation that virtual infrastructure provides for the delivery of IT services.
• Implement VMware software upgrade into the Test environments, recommend and approve upgrade releases for production environment.
• Understand, create, modify login scripts & Group Policies, in a complex environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.