At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Data Centers Network F5 Engineer is responsible for the design and maintenance of the core infrastructure F5 systems, and would be mainly responsible for F5 ASM (WAF policy control). As a member of Application support team F5 Engineer is responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring and designing enterprise level F5 WAF policy. These systems satisfy customer and organizational requirements in order to provide solutions that support Expeditors’ infrastructure and accelerate the development of business applications. F5 Engineer is able to analyze requirements and then apply their technical skills in the design, development and integration of applications and systems.
- Be a collaborative member of a highly motivated and agile team
- Develop and maintain self-service technology and monitoring systems
- Apply technical skills in the design, development and integration of all F5 ASM WAF policies
- Work with developers and application teams to enforce F5 WAF Traffic Manager Configurations
- Ongoing support and maintenance of F5 devices (as needed)
- Enterprise level F5 administration experience
- Experience configuring, supporting, maintaining and upgrades F5 devices
- Experience working with development and application teams
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing concepts
- Knowledge of networking (networks, subnetworks, IP address management, DNS records)
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git, GitLab)
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- F5-CTS certification(s)
- F5 ASM/APM/WAF experience
- Experience with Ansible and automation of F5 devices
- Experience using Wireshark/Packet Capture or similar tools
- Operating System experience including Windows and Unix
- Enterprise-level architecture and design of F5 systems
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.