Information Solution Security Architect
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the
world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like
advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more
small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations
across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet,
improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas,
a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes,
we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking
to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more
sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for translating business requirements into specific system, application or process designs, including working with business personnel and senior management to identify functional requirements and in developing business justification.
Essential Job Functions
- Define the solution architecture and generate the required architecture artifacts and documentation (e.g. diagrams, solution architecture document, communication slides) for projects.
- Provide technical leadership and architecture oversight for the project team.
- Ensure alignment of the solution architecture with the strategic IT vision and enterprise architecture.
- Lead the project through technology governance processes such as an enterprise architecture committee review. Be able to explain and defend the architecture design choices made.
- Deliver Architecture solutions in a Banking and/or Financial Services environment at the highest-level technical expertise
- Support the enterprise architecture team on strategic initiatives as required.
- Build support for the technical solution.
- Create and present technical information in order to influence and gain the understanding of business as well as technical roles across the organization.
- Engage with business domains to initiate/lead the engagement after analysis to develop target reference architecture, technical roadmap, strategy and blueprints
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of technical delivery experience with a minimum of five years in Architecture or Application Development
- 5+ years in a financial services environment
- 7+ years’ experience in the Information/Cyber Security field
- Understand, research, design and develop secure implementations of technology solutions, and provide architecture oversight.
- Be the Subject Matter Expertise on technology governance bodies and a solution advisor to technology programs.
- Play a lead role in technology and security investigatory exercises related to Architecture.
- Introduce improvements in security implementation patterns and design
- Wide range of technology knowledge and security considerations.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies
- Security certifications (CISSP, GSEC, etc.) are highly desired
- Architecture certifications (e.g. TOGAF) are highly desired
- Strong analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Extensive working experience and knowledge for Authentication, Authorization and Identity Management application domains.
BS, Computer Science
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.