I. Business Overview
The BNP Paribas Group is one of the largest international banking networks, with a presence in 72 countries. The organisation is an international financial services group, with in excess of 202,000 employees with solid roots in Europe, a significant and growing presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The BNP Paribas Group is organised around two main activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
MADRID IT Platform
The CIB IT Platform for EMEA is responsible to provide IT Services to our Clients ensuring a Digital Market evolution, in a secured and performant environment, and with a reliable quality. This function includes Global Markets Application Production, Local Territory IT Development, the Core Infrastructure environment including Datacentres, Application Production, Security, Architecture as well as elements of the Global Services organisation.
II. Context and Role summary
Reporting to the head of EMEA INET Services in Madrid, you will belong to the team in charge of the support of the technologies that sit above the network layer in the internet hosting and browsing environments. This team is known as INET.
Routing, switching and Wifi is not included in this team scope although it works closely with Networks team.
The team supports the following technologies:
- Load Balancers
- Remote Access Gateway
III. Position – Tasks & Key Responsibilities
· Manage project documentation and deliverables
- Network services architecture and design based on Standards set by Paris
- Attend project based meetings and deliver the proposed solutions
- Monitor and work with other teams to ensure Group standards are maintained
· Update system documentation & technical diagrams, when required
- Provide a direct contribution to the bank operational permanent control framework.
IV. Professional Skills, Abilities and Experience
The mandatory technical areas required for this position are as follows:
- Proxy management: architecture, design, build and general configuration. Policy management.
Tasks: deployment, platform troubleshooting, policy troubleshooting, user exception, authentication, forwarding, SOCKS.
The candidate must have extended experience in similar projects. Desirable experience in McAfee Proxy 7.X & Bluecoat 6.X.
- Firewalls: architecture, design, build and general configuration in HA environments. Firewall policy management is desirable but not in iNet scope.
Tasks: deployment, platform troubleshooting, policy troubleshooting, NAT rules, static and dynamic routing, HA, VPN, etc.
The candidate must have extended experience in similar projects. Desirable experience in Checkpoint and Fortinet.
The following technical areas are optional for this role and will be taken into consideration, in descending order of priority:
· DNS/DHCP: management of DNS records and DHCP scope.
Desirable experience with Infoblox.
- Load balancing: General knowledge of load balancing configuration and troubleshooting, virtual servers, pools, persistence, monitoring, iRules.
Desirable experience with F5 Big IP – LTM/GTM and AVI Networks.
· Remote Gateway: General understanding of the logic of the platform. Troubleshooting.
Desirable experience with Juniper, Cisco.
· Monitoring Tools: General knowledge of monitoring tools and SNMP alerts configuration. Scripting. Desirable experience in Zabbix
V. Personal Attributes
· Eager to learn
· Analytical mind-set
· Ability to work well under pressure, ability to work autonomous and in team environment
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Project management skills
VI. Languages & Qualifications
· High English spoken and written fluent (B2/C)
· French spoken and written will be valued
· Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
· ITIL Foundation certificate will be desirable
· On Site Services: From 7:30 to 19:30 schedule to cover in weekly shifts of 8 working hours/day
· On Call Services: Out of regular schedule, we provide On Call services 24/7 to be covered in weekly shifts by team members.