In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Within CIB ITO Global Market Operations, Corporate-actions, Incomes and Taxes department belongs to Trade Processing / Settlement & Accounting organization unit and is in charge of tracking and following-up corporate actions, incomes, and related taxes purposes on behalf entities within CIB ITO GM.
Tax Operations department supports global markets and ensures conformity with local policies while documenting entities to benefit treaty tax ‘reliefs at source’. The team is in the meantime handling requests for tax reclaims with local tax authorities and collecting/providing material evidences when it comes to sustain audits.
Corporate actions department is on top specialized in analyzing and operating, in books and records, corporate actions impacts across business lines or clients balances. Tax team is working beside these core operations to optimize the fiscal situation of account structure and to support some strategic transactions in maximizing the withholding tax application when possible.
The team is in charge to:
- Keep a close monitoring of all accounts and activities belonging to Global market entities
- Ensure documentations and certifications are renewed and up to date following any market law updates.
- Collect and produce relevant reclaim forms to relevant agents and fiscal authorities.
- Ensure a risk monitoring in accounting and provisioning forecast in case some taxes would be at risk.
- Produce reporting and provide evidences toward fiscal authorities in respect of withholding taxes applied on proceeds.
• Produce the reclaim declarations with the local fiscal authorities.
• Supply forms and certify on regular basis our accounts at custody level.
• Ensure a closed monitoring of operations belonging to tax department to CFOs and COOs.
• Follow up any tax treaty rates evolution in the market and ensure systems properly updated.
• Ensure treasury tax flows are reflected along the production line (front to finance).
• Provide support to any functions and business in respect of Tax operations queries, and ensure a relay with Group Fiscal Affairs when needed.
• Analyze and support specific tax application in systems when an event is subject to particular context.
• Control books and records at the different stages of events and until pay date.
• Support tax controls and reporting to the relevant authorities or functions in respect of Tax duties/deadlines.
• Keep on documenting all procedures in place to stick market and process evolutions.
• Contribute in all control plan protocols according local operational risk policies.
• Contribute in precision and accuracy of activity metrics and escalate any relevant problems or success to management on a continuous basis.
• SBA Lifecycle monitoring
Skills & Expectations
- English (operational / advanced)
- Respect of Group Conduct and Compliance policies (internally and externally)
- Proactive, extremely rigorous and with high level of autonomy (self-sufficiency).
- Flexible in adapting methodologies to context and oriented in problem solving
- Dispose strong team spirit and client focus mindset, with a good communication background
- Financial markets knowledge
- Prior experience in tax operations