At BNP Paribas, we strongly believe in nurturing potential, which is why we have created The BNP Paribas IMPACT Program. We are looking to find the next generation of leaders who are creating an IMPACT in their community by supporting their education and investing in their future careers.
Selected winners who join The IMPACT Program will receive a $7,000 bursary, a paid summer internship, and be paired with a leader of the Bank who will provide ongoing mentorship throughout their internship.
We are looking to find leaders who are contributing to the advancement and betterment of their community. IMPACT leaders exemplify innovation, ambition, and drive within their communities.
As an intern, you will benefit from a 4 month program that aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and discover your potential through customized trainings, networking sessions and transversal projects.
More information about the program available on our website:
The position at a glance
The Accounting production department count with approximately 40 people and is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the general ledgers for the entities and platforms under North America perimeter for IFRS and USGAAP. When applicable, the department also coordinate and review potential ledger adjustments with other groups (Finance and non-Finance). The department is also responsible for the preparation of monthly closing instructions.
Work on production and cross-functional projects that have an impact overall on the Finance department, the main responsibilities of this role are:
- Perform month-end financial closing for the entities assigned to you.
- Prepare and book monthly entries as necessary (under IFRS and US GAAP).
- Analyze, reconcile, and review all accounts under your responsibility by performing a variance analysis of corresponding revenue/balance sheet items, highlighting trends, and following up on questions/ concerns.
- On a timely basis, provide complete and accurate financial data to the various reporting teams and to management for report production (under IFRS and US GAAP).
- Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Student completing their Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, both IFRS and US GAAP
- Strong Excel skills (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and SUMIF)
- Team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
- Ability to learn new systems and products quickly
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in French and English
- Analytical skills
- Bilingual French/English is required
The program is opened to all students currently enrolled full time in a Canadian University and meet the following eligibility criteria
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Pursuing an Undergraduate or Masters’ degree
- Has at least one session left of studies after the completion of the internship
- Able to work full time in Montréal during May-August 2024
- Cannot be a family member, directly or indirectly, of any current BNP Paribas employee, regardless of location
You’ll need to upload a few additional documents as part of your application:
- · A cover letter, written in French or English (maximum of 750 words), briefly explaining how you’ve made an IMPACT in your community, and why you want to join BNP Paribas and your interest in the role
- Transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Recommendation letter from some one who can attest to your IMPACT.
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal’s Top Employers 2023
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: Corporate finance
Corporate Finance includes all BNP Paribas internal financial management roles, which are essential for maintaining the Group’s strength and leadership in its markets.Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.