Regulatory Reporting Analyst
The Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the production of regulatory reports and information required to ensure compliance to regulatory expectations as well as other internal monitoring requirements.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for understanding and preparing the Bank's regulatory reports in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting policies. Apply understanding of current report production process and requirements to drive automation of report production in associated reporting tools.
- Assist in the production of the Regulatory Reporting requirements for the U.S. operations and the respective entities, including but not limited to the following:
- FR Y-9C – “Consolidated Financial Statements for Bank Holding Companies”
- FR Y-9LP – “Parent Company Only Financial Statements”
- FR Y-11/11S – “Financial Statements of U.S. Nonbank Subsidiaries of U.S. Holding Companies”
- FR Y-15 – “Banking Organization Systemic Risk Report”
- FFIEC 002/02S – “Report of Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Branches and Agencies of Foreign Banks”
- FFIEC 031 – “Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income for a Bank with Domestic and Foreign Offices”
- Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach for all reporting areas – automated and manual – associated with regulatory reporting function
- Communicate issues with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved
- Partner with Financial, business subject matter experts, other analysts and developers to ensure requirements are captured appropriately and solutions implemented adequately to address the business needs
- Stays current on new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assess impact and ensure compliance for accurate reporting
- Participate in communication with Business Units on an ongoing basis to anticipate changes in business and to communicate new regulatory reporting requirements
Other Job Duties
- Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development
- Participate in bank examinations and internal and external audits
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and Regulatory Reporting concepts and practices
- Prior experience with Foreign Banking Organization is preferred
- CPA is preferred
- Axiom experience is preferred
- Deep knowledge of Regulatory Reporting requirements, tools and processes; experience in regulatory reporting to key regulators such as the Federal Reserve Bank, FDIC and DFS.
- Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting (US GAAP), month-end financial close process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting tools and systems
- Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working experience with SQL is a plus
- Control mindset with strong organization and managerial skills
- Change management and analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships across functional teams, detailed oriented, and strong leadership skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, changing priorities, and complete tasks under limited timeframe
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance highly preferred
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.