IHC IT Financial Reporting – Business Analyst – Hyperion HFM
Job Description – IHC IT Financial Reporting –Business Analyst – Hyperion HFM
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
6th June 2019
Business Line / Function:
IHC- Hyperion Financial Management North America
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
A new position, Business Analyst – Hyperion HFM is created in ISPL. The position will lead business partners in the development of solutions for business performance management, accounting, and financial reporting. Solutions will be developed and implemented into a production process.
- Responsible for managing, designing, developing and supporting information processing solutions leveraging one or more of the Oracle EPM product suite components (Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Profitability Management and Essbase)
- Develop and maintain requirements, as a subject matter expert, to deliver best practice results in the functional areas of financial consolidation, cost allocation, financial analysis and planning, financial reporting, and data quality management.
- Provide internal support to BNP Paribas users by planning, coordinating and implementing application changes to improve processes and support business growth.
- Establish close working relationships and effective workflow with BNP Paribas business partners.
- Manage ongoing maintenance and production support activities of assigned system components including resolving production issues, keeping current on new versions of the software and scheduling periodic upgrades within the Finance Controllers Division.
- Ensure IT change control procedures are followed completely including submission of business requirements, preparing test scripts, data files, and user acceptance test plans. Validate and test system changes by working closely with business partners prior to production release.
- Develop materials and provide training to enhance user skills.
- Perform production maintenance activities to ensure overall system stability, data integrity, and the timely availability of information in accordance with management’s performance objectives.
- Ensure up-to-date policies and procedures documentation is in place within the Finance Controller Division.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
The ideal candidate will have 7 to 10 years experience in finance related roles. Experience with Hyperion applications in the banking/financial industry is preferred. Additionally, the following are required:
- Experience developing, testing, debugging and implementing complex business rules.
- Experience developing and managing Financial Reports.
- Understanding of other technology such as VBA and SQL
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting reporting processes/procedures and the computer applications that support them.
- Experience in conducting planning sessions, developing action plans, conducting vendor reviews, and project management
- 8 years of experience in design, development and implementation of EPM solution
- Proficiency in range of Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Smart View and Excel add-in.
- Strong knowledge of HFM rules and Calc Manager, maintaining HFM and Administering an HFM app
- Experience in managing and administering applications in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of rapid-application-development software development life cycles, batch scheduling tool, file transfer and related controls
- Oracle database development: good knowledge & practice of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of CMMI ( Capability Maturity Model Integration)
- Hyperion BI+ Reporting Tools (i.e. Web Analysis, Financial Reports, Smart View, etc.) – Version 11 and up
- Good analytical, problem solving, research and communication skills
- DRM Administration knowledge is desirable.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Excellent Communication skills Oral & Written
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)