IHC APS End-to-End Data Services and Fin. Reg. Lead
IHC APS Manager
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The IT Transversal Team is part of the Information Technology Group which works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business, strategic initiatives, regulatory evolution and reengineering of existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency.
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
The IHC APS End to End Data Services and Fin. Reg. Lead will report into the IHC APS Manager. The lead will coordinate services, oversee delivery of services to the business, resolve issues between APS and the business and ensure efficient delivery across the Data Services (ETL, OFSAA, IDQ) and Fin. Reg. (Axiom, Hyperion and OBIEE) platform. The lead will oversee issue resolution from the user requests to the end solution. Additionally they will interact with IT Management, IT work stream leads, infrastructure & business stakeholders for issue resolution.
• Perform end-to-end service coordination, issue investigation and resolution, oversee delivery of services to the business, and resolve issues between APS, IT work streams and the business for Data Services and Fin. Reg.
• Perform release planning and management activities for Data Services and Fin. Reg. APS
• Oversee issue resolution from the user requests to the end solution
• Ensure continuous alignment between Fin. Reg. FPO, OFSAA and BWE teams
• Liaise with IT Management, IT work streams, Infrastructure, business stakeholders and APS teams and resolve production issues/ provide periodic updates on Production Health
• Lead operational meetings related to Production for Data Services and Fin. Reg. work streams (e.g. weekly/bi-weekly Production update meetings, change control meetings, Production KPI/ metrics)
• Monitor incident details, including the Configuration Items affected for all Data Services and Fin. Reg. applications/ configuration items
• Provide hands-on application specific technical support for issues that are escalated from India
• Work with infrastructure teams to escalate/resolve any infrastructure related issues related to Data Services and Fin. Reg.
• Perform emergency deployments or provide hands-on application specific technical support for issues that are escalated from offshore
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 10+ years’ experience in engineering, engineering support, or technical support environment
• Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in a financial institution IT Environment and good knowledge of financial industry and related products are required. Understanding the recent financial regulatory initiatives such as Basel II, Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and CCAR is a plus
• Prior customer-facing (internal or external) experience a must
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills
• Windows and UNIX (and GUI) application support, use of Oracle SQL for data gathering and reporting
• Experience of supporting Oracle based data management technologies
• Experience and knowledge of ITSM processes, methodologies and tools
• Good knowledge of data warehousing concepts and development methodologies
• Possesses understanding in U.S. risk and regulatory requirements and financial reporting software
• Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux
• Languages: Oracle SQL
• Hands-on experience in Axiom / Hyperion (HFM and Planning) / OBIEE implementation including analysis, design, configuring, and testing a plus
• Knowledge of data partitioning
• Experience in Data warehousing projects would be preferable
• Understanding of Object Oriented programming languages ( e.g. Python, C++, Objective-C, Smalltalk, Delphi, Java, Perl, Ruby and PHP)
• Experience supporting large and complex production systems using complex SQL queries and reporting systems
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.