At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the routine operation and maintenance of established information security functions ensuring the integrity of Bank information resources. Duties primarily pertain to the ongoing provisioning and maintenance of user access to computer applications, operating and software security systems.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responds to routine written and verbal inquiries from employees, vendors, and/or applicable departments/branches related to system access and information security.
- Processes security system access requests to reflect authorized user and resource administration, maintaining all documentation on file for audit review, in accordance with record retention directives.
- Reviews, reports, and maintains awareness of violations of security policies or breaches of security systems, promptly reporting all discrepancies of significance to Department Manager.
- Routinely reviews and revises department desk procedures and documents procedures for new EIS Analyst process.
- Monitors Human Resources report information and initiates access changes due to employment status changes.
- Participates in projects related to existing security systems, upgrades and enhancements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Associate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Basic understanding of operating systems, application systems and security software on different platforms.
- Basic knowledge of LAN ID administration (using Active Directory), RACF and TS mainframe utilities, Windows and Web-based computer applications.
- Basic understanding of information security, controls and the importance of information integrity.
- Routine request support and service oriented.
- Good planning and prioritization skills.
- Developing and documenting department procedures.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-North Dakota-FargoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Security