BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Knowledge Management (KM) is (i) gathering and organising information, documents& data in a structured area to make them accessible by everyone within Investment Banking EMEA (Global Banking EMEA Corporate Clients Group and Capital Markets) (ii) ensuring proactive sharing; KM aims at fostering recycling, ideas generation and creating a collaborative IB culture.
The Knowledge Manager is the key officer in charge of KM processes coordination; he/she structures the knowledge databases, ensures their proper maintenance, proceeds with quality controls, produces reporting and participates to strategic business management actions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITES:
The Knowledge Manager Officer will :
Lead Investment Banking EMEA pitch books Knowledge Management :
- Build and maintain a database of pitch books and other commercial documents in a structured library (archiving with relevant tags and access rights the documents at the end of the pitch process)
- Collect “best-in-class slides and books” along with senior bankers on a monthly basis
- Organize, align and maintain the knowledge repository to ensure a smooth transfer of knowledge across Investment Banking EMEA
- Proactive management, adjustment when relevant of governance and processes
Structure generic and business lines dedicated knowledge databases & apply the appropriate governance
- Structure, build in appropriate tools and coordinate generic or dedicated databases where relevant slides, templates, models, forms etc. are efficiently archived (includes but not limited to company profiles, market / industry studies, trading multiples, transaction multiples, product / sector / geographies generic presentations, sector photos and icons, credentials, awards, league tables, staff pictures and bios, etc.)
- Ensure databases are properly fed, updated, maintained by the relevant teams (including but not limited to Publishing, Business Analyst and other teams)
- Liaise with various teams including but not limited to:
- CCG COO Office to ensure credentials have been logged previously to the publication of a “flash”1)
- GB EMEA Marketing to ensure latest marketing content (templates, skeletons, etc.) is in the relevant knowledge repository2)
- Relevant business teams to regularly collect updated specific slides (market update, product, business line presentations etc)
- Responsible for data quality in the relevant libraries (including promoting quality culture and information sharing within IB EMEA)
Participate to strategic business management actions
- Communicate relevant content periodically (ex: the “ best-in-class slides” on a monthly basis)
- Align with relevant teams (Industry Groups, GB EMEA Marketing, GB Management Team etc) on strategic business action plans and participate through dedicated push for knowledge (including pitch books), emails, newsletter…
- Conduct analysis of data (quantitative and qualitative) on the extraction of information from the knowledge repository and produces dashboards / reporting reports, monitoring the KPIs of knowledge management
Act as a SPOC for Knowledge Management
- Working towards the objective of developing the knowledge management of Investment Banking EMEA (Ambassador of Knowledge Management)
- Proactively propose communication action for knowledge management promotion (Echonet, mailing lists, Onboarding managers from the Métiers) with the validation from the head of business lines and the head of European Advisory Group
Education & Experience
At least 5
years of experience
Behavorial skills & Transversal
self-drive & proactive
thinker, analytical and organized
overview mind set, open to change
capacity to delegate and Leadership in organizing team work,
prioritizing and managing time, autonomous
spirit, collaborative and inclusive way of working
understanding / Investment Banking knowledge (previous experience in Investment
Banking environment highly appreciated)
At ease in
Portuguese and French is a plus
Methodologies / Tools / Technology
with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Power Point…), Upslide, electronic data and
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.