• Hyperion Planning System Lead
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Finance COO team ensures that appropriate solutions are put in place for the Finance (accounting) and Tax organization to meet their business objectives. The team acts as the bridge for the Finance and Tax organization to various departments within the BNP Paribas group, mainly the Business, PMO and Technology organizations in New York, New Jersey, California, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes and strategic initiatives. The team is also responsible for the reengineering of existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency. The team also provides first line user support through training, research and responding to general queries.
The Junior Hyperion Business Analyst will have broad-based responsibilities as part of the Hyperion team to support the functional design, specification and deployment of Hyperion Systems initiatives (in particular HFM) at both CIB and IHC level. S/he will work as a team member or a team lead of projects.
His/her responsibilities will include:
• Elicit, analyse, and document user requirements and business processes.
• Undertake data assessment, data gap analysis and remediation.
• Develop functional specification requirements for IT development and to ensure user requirements are met.
• Perform system testing to ensure development is in line with functional specification.
• Plan and manage User Acceptance Testing and migration testing up to successful delivery of end product.
• Manage issues and escalate effectively.
• Participate in project planning and ensure on-time quality delivery of projects and activities assigned.
• Report on and monitor status of Finance COO team projects on a regular basis (weekly) as to inform all stakeholders of ongoing project status.
• Liaise with cross-functional teams (business groups, IT and PMO organizations) in New York, New Jersey, California, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
• Rotate on the functional production support of key finance systems
• When assigned as project lead, the Business Analyst will have responsibility to lead the overall project
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 3+ years of work experience in the field of Management/Financial reporting and/or management reporting systems
• Knowledge/Experience of Oracle applications (Essbase, Hyperion/Hyperion Planning suite, Smartview)
• Experience in business analysis, functional specification documentation & application testing.
• University Degree in Finance related subject and/or Experience in the Financial industry preferred
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or functional levels.
• Ability to understand complex system architectures and business processes, including financial and management reporting month/quarter/year-end close processes along with intercompany elimination processes and detailed budgeting/forecasting processes
• Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
• Project management skills are a plus
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.