Your Main Activities Are
- As an HRBP your main task will be to act as a point of entry on HR-related topics with the Head(s) of the activity under your scope, working towards three main vectors: Acquire and develop an understanding of the activities covered within BNP Paribas Portugal; Take responsibility for employees’ career development; &, Coach the business/function to optimize their human resources. In order to achieve the aforementioned objectives you will
- Maintain contact with internal clients (managers and team members)
- Share constant update with managers on the HR tools and processes, the organisation, the HR strategy and HR needs
- Maintain a general knowledge on BNP Paribas and CIB HR strategy, resources and challenges
- Ensure the good process of all administrative HR actions (in liaison with the concerned administrative platform)
- Advise on the recruitment of new joiners (external recruitments and/or internal mobilities) and liaise with the recruitment platform for execution of the recruitments and onboarding of new joiners
- Set up regular career development interviews (with feedback memo in writing for every interview)
- Identify and develop specific populations: LFTs, key people, junior staff, and others
- Coordinate internal mobility, expatriation, maternity leave, retirement and exit processes
- Build and update a succession planning at least on a yearly basis
- Ensure 100% completion rate of year end appraisal
- Manage the Annual Compensation Review Process and off cycle compensation review : provide advice and guidance to managers with regard to compensation of their staff, ensuring equity, fairness, and non-discrimination (in liaison with the Reward team)
- Build partnership with the management to share short and long term HR strategy
- Provide HR support, in accordance with HR strategy
- Promote specific HR initiatives suitable to the business/function : LFT, 180° Feedback process, Mobility Days, Diversity Actions, About Me, Managers Essential, and others
- Coach the business on legal and / or disciplinary issues management
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or similar
- Professional experience: minimum 7 years HR generalist experience
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate), French is a nice to have
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong sense of confidentiality and ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Client focus, team spirit and collaboration
- Good knowledge of local labour law
- Analytical & multitasking skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.