Human Resources Assistant
BNP Paribas is a leader in banking and financial services in Europe. The Group is present in 75 countries worldwide and employs more than 185,000 employees. Our Group has two complementary core activities, providing strategic strength and assuring the bank financial solidity: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking offers corporates and financial institutions products and services in terms of financing, risk management and advisory. Corporate & Institutional Banking aims to develop long-term relationships with her clients and accompany them throughout their business and investment strategies.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.nl) is one of the largest and leading non-Dutch banks. Thanks to our global network combined with our local expertise, we unlock business opportunities across the world for our clients. Transaction Banking, of which Cash Management is an important part, is one of the key business for BNP Paribas the Netherlands.
To support our HR team in Amsterdam we are currently looking for a full-time
The Netherlands CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking) HR team covers the following areas; Resourcing, Career and Talent management, HR Business Partnering, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Administration and Reporting.
The NL CIB HR team directly works with other functional departments such as Compliance, Finance, OPC and Legal in order to ensure Policy and Governance of the company comply with Employee Regulations and Law as well as internal Group Policies and Procedures.
The purpose of the role is to collaborate with the HR team to deliver high quality administration and accurate processing, filing and recording of information across the organisation. The role will also involve supporting the rest of the HR team with recruitment initiatives and ad hoc administrative duties.
Task and responsibilities
Payroll and Accounting
- Ensure that payroll changes requests made by employees or HR are available for processing in the monthly payroll.
- Check and have invoices processed.
Administrative support / Controls / Reporting:
- First point of contact for staff daily requests under the guidance of more senior staff with regards to HR administration;
- Prepare employment contracts and other documents, when needed; ensure that employees’ records are up to date, etc;
- Assist in maintaining the quality of the data in other relevant external and internal databases.
- Responsible for the administrative onboarding process for new employees and exit process for leavers
- Create local training events and prepare training reports out of the Learning & Development tool (My Development).
- Record and report events such as maternity/paternity leaves, disabilities, work related accidents, long term illness etc. and follow up with the HR Business Partners.
- Contribute to the HR control plan activities.
- Ensure that the relevant documentation (Employees files, accounting and taxes supportive documentation) is up to date and organized (both physically and digitally) in line with the established local regulations and global standards.
- Participate actively in the implementation of new improvements and project for the area.
Competences/Skills and knowledge
Communication skills - oral & written in Dutch (mother tongue) and in English.
Be a self-starter with a results-driven approach and high attention to detail.
Have a positive, helpful personality, with proven ability to provide excellent administrative service
Willing to work with a small, busy team and deliver within deadlines.
Have an excellent understanding of Microsoft Office Package (especially advanced knowledge of Excel), Internet and Outlook.
Punctuality and professionalism is expected.
HBO level with appropriate professional qualification preferred in or related to the field of HR/Personnel Management.
As part of the application procedure ther is a Pre-Employment Screening (PES). A PES includes a check of your ID and credentials, a statement of good behavior and a statement regarding liability at the time of commencement of employment.