About the job
The Reporting & Services Lisbon platform is a key component of the CIB Global Human Resources setup. Its mission is to support the CIB HR activities through administration roles & processes monitoring, permanent and adhoc reporting, in addition with any new processes not already covered by another team. Our main challenge is to set up strong processes with high-end data quality while keeping flexible and open services for the largest set of demanding clients.
In a complex regulatory context, monitoring of the Operational Risk is a challenge for the bank and for CIB HR. The permanent control system we are developing therefore takes on its full meaning in this critical environment where it becomes essential to coordinate our control actions in order to improve overall efficiency. CIB HR has decided to build a more robust control framework and to harmonise those processes on a worldwide basis, and this position is part of such strategy.
Your Main Activities Are
- Manage the implementation and coordination of MIFID2 (the Knowledge and Competence section) within the CIB France and Europe scope
- Monitoring and follow-up of the MiFID II regulation.
- Participate in information gathering and ensure completeness.
- Interaction with the various functions and business lines contributing on the subject (Compliance, GM, GB, ALMT, BP2S)
- Management of annual Comet recertification process: Campaign implementation and follow up with business, functions, region/territory
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to local HR, Business, Compliance as appropriate as soon as an non-compliant questionnaire is identified
- Manage the update and maintenance of the AP golden source file by ensuring data quality and integrity
- Verification of Background check evidences recorded in SPEAR (In-house HR tool): By ensuring that all documentations are available in SPEAR and are compliant with regulatory requirements (val4eyes). By ensuring that the team investigates and reports the non-compliant cases on a daily basis
- Manage escalation process on resolution of non-compliant cases involving relevant teams when needed
- Implementing procedures based on regional expertise (APAC/AMERICAS/EMEA) in order to have global database.
- Setup and follow up of projects from the specifications up to the go live
- Develop and enhance the current processes & services, proposing improvements to better serve our clients
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic Degree in Business Management, Law, Human Resources, or related field;
- Professional experience of at least 3 years in Reporting and data consolidation related activities
- Strong understanding of operational risk concepts is a strong plus
- Experience in managing multiple projects with consistent quality and timely delivery is a strong plus
- Previous experience with systems administration & support tasks is a strong plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (special emphasis to Excel) is mandatory
- Attention to detail
- Innovation and creativity
- Results and delivery focus especially during change with customer satisfaction in mind
- Good communications and interpersonal skills required
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Powerpoint etc.) package advanced level
- Strong Team Spirit
- Capacity to manage priorities
- Sense of confidentiality
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate) is mandatory, French is a nice to have
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal Present in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process