In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Cetelem Business Consulting (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (CBC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Personal Finance (PF). CBC is responsible for development of PF’s business in Asia.
In China, Personal Finance operates through two major partnerships - Bank of Nanjing in the consumer finance business and Genius Auto Finance Company and Wisdom Financial Leasing, the auto finance and financial leasing JVs with Geely Group.
The role of HR Manager is to provide HR services to Cetelem Business Consulting and support the business in meeting its strategic objectives. This position is to ensure sound management of HR services, delivered through his / her area of expertise, value added advice and active engagement in direct and contributing HR responsibilities as described below.
- Generalist HR
- Provide general HR advice and support
- Strive to become a trusted partner of the Business Line and Functional Teams
- Implement Group and local HR policies within areas of responsibility
- Administer the on-boarding and off-boarding activities to ensure a smooth on-boarding and exit process e.g. ensure fit & proper criteria, co-ordinate the work visa application, liaise with various departments (Compliance, IT, Facilities etc.)
- Work with the Business Line and Function to meet their strategic resourcing needs
- Manage recruitment within designated tool, where available
- Identify recruitment agencies that are able to support recruitment initiatives within Business Line or Functions and ensure that terms of business are in place governing their engagement which are compliant with local regulations
- Manage required approvals within the PF and APAC delegations process
- Prepare HR contracts including new recruits, renewals and termination as well as secondment contracts for review and approval
- Advise Business Line and Functional Teams through the annual appraisal process (including providing difficult messages, objective setting, 100% completion rate)
- Conduct Exit Interviews and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Participate in the annual CRP and appraisal management with the Business Line and Functional Teams
- Conduct regular career development interviews with targeted staff and complete feedback record after each meeting
- Responsible for Talent management, succession planning, development management
- Facilitate internal mobility with areas of responsibility adhering to the PF / APAC Mobility Policy
- Liaise with L&D to provide appropriate solutions to training needs within areas of responsibility
- Review, validate and seek approval of the annual training plan
Compensation & Benefits
- Inform Regional BP(s) on packages for new joiners, based on salary benchmarks provided by the PF/ APAC Compensation & Benefits team when within delegation, highlighting to RBPs where Regional delegation is exceeded
- Liaise with PF / APAC Compensation & Benefits for technical validation of all compensation packages.
- Advise RBP(s) on bid back, retention and termination packages
- Prepare monthly staff payroll, social contribution and income tax (IIT) for both local & expatriate staff and ensure the monthly social contribution and IIT submission is carried out on time
- Manage benefit programs and liaise with the local insurance company to ensure in alignment with benefit policies of PF / APAC
- Answer enquiries from the employees, i.e. payroll, C&B policy process & procedures, etc.
- Facilitate leave of absence (maternity, long service leave, sabbatical…), retirement and exit processes (including exit interviews) for employees in scope
- Handle employee relations and performance management issues
- Assist with communication initiatives to employees and managers
- Prepare HR monthly statistics reports (both internal and external regulatory reports), i.e. headcount, staff cost, turnover, leave status, etc.
- Prepare the HR management information analysis, and presentation material.
- Work closely with internal departments, i.e. Finance & Control, Compliance, business lines/ functions on their reporting needs
- Ensure the employee data is updated into the HR systems on time
- Develop report query to provide support for efficient HR reporting
- Understand the Business Line(s) or Function(s) strategy and keep up to date with their organisation, products and HR needs
- Assist with workforce planning
- Maintain a general knowledge of the overall strategies of BNP Paribas PF and PF’s strategies in Asia
- Assist with the development and implementation of sound local HR practices
- Contribute to promote specific HR initiatives (TDP, 360, Graduate Program, Diversity & Inclusion)
- Contribute to the annual budget exercise
- Contribute to the HR budgeting process & produce HR dashboards
Coordination within HR
- Coordinate with Paris & HK HR teams
- Coordinate with Heads of HR of PF’s Partners
- Contribute to the flow of information within HR (bottom up and lateral)
- Utilise and partner with HR Competence Centers where necessary
- Support country-wide HR initiatives
Contribute to the Operational Permanent Control Framework and reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Ensure audit recommendations are resolved within the specific timeline
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Comprehensive understanding of China labor laws and regulations, benefits and compensation
- Understanding of HR processes and procedures
- Sound understanding of the consumer finance and auto finance business is preferred
- Analytical skills, ability to assess people and situations objectively
- Strong sense of responsibility, committed & with team spirits
- Well organized, and high attention to detail
- Ethical and discreet
- Active listener
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Chinese
- Ability to manage change
- Experience and Qualifications required
- Minimum 10 years of HR experience in the banking and financial services industry
- Bachelor degree, major in business/ management/ human resources is preferred
- Experience working with partnership would be an asset
- Familiar with the use of relevant HR systems advantageous (PeopleSoft, Taleo), Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Professional fluency in Chinese and English, both writing and speaking