HR Compensation & Benefits Officer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In the context of BNP Paribas fast growing mode, the Compensation & Benefits team is in charge of all Compensation & Benefits processes and projects. This team is also involved in other projects such as the revision and the maintenance of the main HR policies and procedures and the HR Operational Permanent Control.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monthly payroll instructions and second level of controls
Yearly Compensation process (CRP):
Preparation of the databases
Preparation of the salary and bonus pools to be validated by HO management and allocation to the various groups once validated
Administration of the process
Support of the HR Business Partners for their respective scope
Review, analysis of the manager’s proposals according to a set of criteria (link with performance, gender gap, adherence to the validated pools…)
Reporting to Head Office
Compensation & Benefits projects:
Benchmarking and salary surveys with local providers for Lisbon based staff
Specific salary calculations for legal entity changes
Update, development and maintenance of HR policies and procedures:
Analyse, review, develop and advise on HR policies, workflow processes and procedures, in order to guarantee harmonisation among all HR practices in CIB Portugal activities, as well as, to conform to statutory requirements and good HR practices.
Provide Top Management with the best solutions that fit both business and employee’s needs, aligned with the best practices in the market and financial outcome.
In a consultancy role, work closely with several stakeholders from HR areas and other departments, assisting colleagues and Line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
Ensure internal communication of new policies and procedures to all stakeholders within HR areas and liaise the communication to all staff with the communication team.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent work ethic and strong Culture fit with HR (collaborative spirit, interest in people issues, sense of confidentiality)
- Independent and with high level of initiative, able to proactively take on challenges and able to deal with pressure and deadlines
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude, being driven by results and high performance
- Rigor and reliability with outstanding organizational and time-management abilities, attention to details
- Very good analytical and synthesizing skills
- Strong presentation, communication and listening skills
- Ability to perform successfully in a strong teamwork environment, within the team and across different teams
- Project management skills preferably in HR field is desired
- Good knowledge of the Portuguese labour law
- Work experience in a multicultural environment
- BNP Paribas organisation knowledge (nice to have)
- Fluent in English is mandatory
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) package advanced level
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.