HR Business Partner
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a solution provider towards his client and a strategic partner on HR-related topics within her/his scope. She/he provides a fully integrated, comprehensive HR role with focus on developing and maintaining relationship with designated domain, providing HR advice and services in line with domain strategic objective.
The Human Resources Department is currently looking for a HRBP that will be responsible for the following responsibilities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a point of entry on HR-related topics with the Head(s) of the activity
- Acquire and develop an understanding of the activities covered within BNP Paribas entities by:
- Maintain contact with internal clients (managers and staff)
- Share constant update with managers on the products, organisation, strategy and HR needs
- Maintain a general knowledge on BNP Paribas strategy, budget, resources and challenges
- Be responsible for the recruitment and career development of the staff:
- Ensure the good process of all administrative HR actions, including the liaison with the Recruitment team
- Set up regular career development interviews
- Identify and develop specific populations (Top Talents, Key people, etc)
- Manage internal mobility, expatriation, maternity leave, retirement and exit processes
- Build and update a succession planning
- Ensure 100% completion rate of year end appraisal
- Coach the business/function to optimize their human resources:
- Build partnership with the management to share short and long term HR strategy
- Provide HR support, in accordance with HR strategy
- Promote specific HR initiatives suitable to the business/function
- Coach the business on legal issues management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or similar
- Professional experience: minimum 7 years HR generalist experience
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate), French is a nice to have
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong sense of confidentiality and ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Client focus, team spirit and collaboration
- Good knowledge of local labour law
- Analytical & multitasking skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.