In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
• Contribute to a smooth and efficient administration process relating to employees’ benefits, expatriate tax and expatriate benefits.
• Provide an effective and responsive advisory service to respective BNP Paribas Singapore employees on employee benefits and expatriate tax issues, policies and procedures.
Employee Benefits Administration
• Handle benefits related queries from employees and offshore HR team (India)
• Leave administration – manage eLAS system and administers all types of leave including leave of absence, last minute block leave requests
• Claims administration – manage eClaims system including update of claims approver and data interface from PeopleSoft
• Administers overtime and benefits claims (eg. car park, angpow, flexible benefits, unpaid leave, etc) and provide monthly report for payroll
• Handle request on wellness/condolences events
• Manage insurance enrollment and work with insurance/benefits broker on case resolution
• Handle invoice/payment validation
• Handle Government paid leave schemes
• Participate in ad-hoc HR projects and other related assignments, including identifying and implementing process improvements
Expatriate Tax & Benefits Administration
• Administer and ensure prompt processing for all expatriates’ children school fees and home leave tickets request submitted through the expense claim system (CONCUR).
• Administer and ensure prompt processing for all invoices related to expatriate costs recharge (such as pension & insurance, storage, etc) and sent to SG InvoicingHub Team for payment.
• Administer and ensure prompt processing for all invoices related to tax advisory fees payment and sent to SG InvoicingHub Team for payment.
• Update and maintain the expatriates’ home leave entitlement database and provide the listing to SG Travel Management Team at the beginning of each year.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date record for all expatriate benefits costs (ie. home leave, school fees, pension & insurance, storage, etc) paid by the Company for ad-hoc tax reporting (eg. end of assignment) during the year and annual tax reporting.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget costing for expatriates’ home leave, school fees, pension & insurance, income tax borne by the Company and tax consultant advisory tax fee.
• Administer and monitor the expatriates’ contribution of their Home Country’s social charges (eg. Pension and medical insurance). Assist to obtain the expatriates’ consent and inform Payroll Team on the deduction arrangement through payroll.
• Prepare and submit the Arrival/Departure Tax Briefing Initiation Form for expatriates leaving Singapore (ie. repatriation or transfer to another new assignment).
• Prepare and submit the Arrival/Departure Tax Briefing Initiation Form and arrange the online enrollment for employees on expatriation outside Singapore.
• Perform 1st level check and ensure accuracy for all the expatriate tax return prepared by the appointed tax advisor.
• Make suggestions to the Team Manager on improvement opportunities with regards to policy (where applicable), efficiency and customer service, e.g. ad hoc communication, process improvements, etc.
• Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
• Participate in ad-hoc HR projects and other related assignments, including identifying and implementing process improvements.
• Drive excellent customer service across all processes and maintain a strong compliance culture, ensure all auditable documentation is accurate and up to date.
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
• Good understanding of HR policies, procedures and systems
• Good knowledge of regulatory requirements (such as Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Central Provident Fund Board, Ministry of Manpower)
• Strong communication skills, written and spoken
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Ability to network and coordinate activities with other teams
• Diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination awareness
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Organised, detailed-oriented
Specific Qualifications Required
Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Proficiency in Ms Office