Home Loan Operations, Supervisor
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Supervises mortgage loan closing activities and functions. Ensures balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank. Detects problems and develops solutions in a proactive manner. Monitors customer service standards by assisting with operational problem resolution. Manages employees by setting and assessing performance goals and establishing work schedules/priorities. Responsible for ensuring that the Bank complies with required laws and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises Closing personnel in the day-to-day functions of Closing services.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in local real estate markets as well as changing rules/regulations pertaining to both private, insured mortgages, FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA and RD.
- Administers all closing functions within the assigned organization. Ensures that all policies and procedures are aligned with corporate goals and initiatives and comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures that all data is input into the system accurately and timely and that all applications have met regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development/implementation of customer service standards. Provides written reports on service standards, including turnaround time.
- Keeps informed of rules and regulations as they pertain to RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending Practices and all compliance regulations.
- Evaluates work flow procedures and implements changes to improve efficiencies. Ensures that all policies and procedures set by business unit are being followed.
- Creates and maintains follow-up procedures. Responsible for overseeing the training of new Closers to ensure accurate and consistent work flows are communicated. Provides direct back up for subordinates in closing. Reviews closing packages for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage industry from point of sale through shipping as well as investor sales and requirements, including mortgage automated systems.
- Thorough knowledge of FHA, VA, RD, FNMA and FHLMC rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated bank product and service knowledge.
- Proven written and verbal communication.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Team building.
- Compile statistics, prepare forecasts and recommendations.
- Effective decision making skills.
- PC Proficiency with Windows based software in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.