At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing a variety of clerical loan closing/funding functions, including the preparation, review and funding of mortgage loan documents; and the interaction with escrow and title companies. Ability to meet strict deadlines including balancing closing figures and preparing closing papers in accordance with FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, VA, RD, bond agency and Bank requirements. Closes all product types.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Verifies accuracy of file documentation, and enters all document preparation information into the computer system. Verification processes includes: verifying correct vesting, legal description, and required title endorsements.
- Sets up loan funding calculations. Balances closing figures with the title company and prepare closing documents in accordance with FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, VA, RD and bond guidelines. Prepares checks or wires and balance cash reconciliation statement in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Ensures accuracy of all related accounting entries.
- Determines and prepares the appropriate loan documents needed to satisfy internal, external and regulatory requirements in accordance with loan program. Works with lending institutions and customers to clear various title problems, such as liens, lawsuits, and judgments.
- Coordinates and communicates commitment periods, loan terms, conditions, and funding and recording dates to escrow.
- Reviews payoffs on existing loans, title commitments, surveys, and insurance information. Verifies accuracy, identifying potential issues and works to resolve those issues in a timely manner such as scheduling and balancing issues.
- Maintains tickler and status file on all assigned files to monitor and track appropriate documentation requirements.
- Ensures that all Bank assets related to the loan closing function are properly safeguarded against errors, omissions, regulatory criticism or potential loss. Ensures all underwriting conditions have been satisfied, RESPA issues have been addressed and properly documented. Balances the truth-in-lending amount financed to the final approval settlement statement to ensure compliance with Reg Z. Prepares required closing package for delivery to title company via e-mail transmission in a timely manner. Interfaces with Branch Officers, HMC's, Escrow Officers, Title Officers, and Insurance Agents. Researches inquiries made by post closing and various outside agencies with respect to closed loans and reports to management any non-conformance to company policy. Adheres to all state and federal regulations including, but not limited to HMDA, RESPA, Fair Lending practices etc. Monitors and tracks closing volumes to report to management to make adjustments to workloads where necessary to ensure that maximum capacity is obtained in a timely fashion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- Requires 5 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of residential real estate loan products and related processing and underwriting procedures and requirements.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of lending documentation, internal loan processes and governmental regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Familiarity with office procedures.
- Typing of 40-45 WPM.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of 10-key, calculator.
- Photocopier and fax machine.
- Maintains filing system.
- Demonstrated math and analysis skills.
- PC Proficiency with Windows based software in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Mortgage