Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
CONTRACT TYPE: TEMPORARY, PART-TIME (12 HOURS/WEEK)
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We’re a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
To provide a comprehensive and efficient health, safety and environmental service to the business, ensuring all safety legislation, guidance and industry best practice are adhered to and policies and procedures are adopted.
Plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures to minimise operational losses, occupational health issues, accidents and incidents.
- Review, update and communicate Health and Safety practices to ensure safe working conditions are provided to staff, contractors and visitors across the offices, whilst keeping abreast of proposed and actual changes in legislation and provide advice to the Company on such changes. Investigate and report specific incidents or accidents as per legislation and ensure appropriate records are maintained
- Produce and review Risk Assessments and Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and undertake Contractor Management on an annual basis
- Coordinate training for Fire Marshals, First Aiders and other specific H&S requirements across the offices and undertake H&S Inductions for new employees within Basingstoke office
- Attend the Group HSE meetings and follow up on action points specific to Leasing Solutions and coordinate the H&S Management Group meetings held across the offices
- Collate data and produce environmental reporting on a quarterly/annual basis for Group
Health & Safety recognised qualification or proven experience in a professional health & safety role with a thorough and detailed working knowledge of relevant current legislation
Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Proven communication and administrative skills
Ability to use initiative and manage own workload
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday; however we operate on a shift system from 8.00 to 18.00 each day. Additional hours will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
- Liaise with First Aiders to ensure First Aid boxes are stocked and supplies provided
- Respond to H&S logged calls from employees
- Perform ad-hoc projects/tasks as required by my Line Manager
- Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of the function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements.
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review, interim and annual appraisals and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.