Head of training and development
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
BNP Paribas Canada is looking for its training and development manager to strengthen a knowledge-sharing culture within its platform. This role is one of the essential pillars of BNP Paribas Canada’s Employer strategy and the incumbent will be in charge of developing collaborators through a so-called social learning model.
• Develop an annual training plan (soft, technical, management).
• Identify training needs.
• Manage a training program based on a “social learning” approach - the “Canada Academy” (identify internal and external trainers, help build training materials as required).
• Create curricula adapted to specific needs upon request or in advance.
• Develop cross-training between entities and promote Canada Academy within the Group.
• Manage external providers, trainers and internal facilitators.
• Watch for new trends and anticipate needs and expectations.
• Manage BNP Paribas Group’s talent program in partnership with the US.
• Manage transversal HR projects such as Mobility Month and Diversity Week.
• Manage the training budget annually.
• Coordinate training logistics in partnership with Portugal: provide logistics for each training session, keep the program’s Sharepoint up to date, set up satisfaction surveys and analyze results.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Successful experience as a training, transformation and/or change management manager in environments that facilitate intrapreneurship
• Bilingualism (French and English)
• Ability to demonstrate a strategic vision for their field (development and implementation)
• Creativity and innovation with an excellent ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to drive change with a strong communication skills and a strong ability to influence
• Demonstrated initiative in the design and selection of training techniques
• Excellent ability to organize, prioritize and manage several projects at once
• The applicant must be flexible, motivated and able to adapt to new challenges
As a BNP Paribas employee in Montreal, you will enjoy the following benefits:
• a new office space that promotes flexible work;
• a volunteer committee that was created to give back to the community (tree planting, Welcome Hall Mission, etc.);
• the possibility to participate in various activities organized by the Sports and Leisure Committee all year round;
• improvement of general and specialized skills through the numerous BNPP Canada Academy trainings;
• Summer Fridays, Lunch & Learn, and much more; and
• contribution to the Bank's diversity through employee resource groups.
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign investment banks and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 800 employees, and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as ambitious talents from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. Our policies promote equity and diversity and we pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
For the sixth year in a row, BNP Paribas has received the Top Employer Europe certification. Furthermore, in 2018 UN Women named BNP Paribas as the new HeForShe Thematic Champion to accelerate progress towards gender equality. BNP Paribas Canada is recognized for the excellence of its training and was granted the Certificate for the quality of training initiatives (CQIF) by la Commission des partenaires du marché du travail (CPMT).