Head of Synthetic Prime Brokerage and Margining IT
Description of the role
This role requires planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Knowledge of Financial markets and great understanding of technology is required. Deep understanding of prime brokerage is required
Contributions to the missions of Head of Synthetic Prime Brokerage and Margining IT
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables working with senior management and stakeholders globally
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones
- Proactively manage changes in the scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans
- Coach, mentor, motivate, influence and supervise project team members
- Build, develop and grow the business relationships
Professional Knowledge and Expertise
- Significant experience in IT development gained within a top tier investment bank
- Proven experience successfully working with stakeholders from the Front Office, Operations and other areas within an investment bank
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of Synthetic Prime Brokerage and Margining Front to Finance chains.
- Excellent Understanding of Global Markets asset classes – this must include Equities, Portfolio Swaps, Contract for Differences
- Proven experience of Lean Transformations and continuous improvement techniques
- Experience of managing large teams of at least 20 people on multiple sites
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience of managing large projects of at least £1,000,000 in size
- Good communication skills
- Leadership skills
Opening Date: 31/5/2019
Closing Date: 28/6/2019