Head of Strategy & Operations, Personal Finance Division
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for guiding and setting the strategic direction of the Personal Finance Division (PFD), leading the strategic planning process, managing business transformation efforts and plans, and overseeing the tactical execution of multi-function PFD projects. Contribute to PFD revenues by leading key initiatives that directly support revenue generating opportunities and improved efficiency and controls.
Essential Job Functions
Lead and manage cross-functional initiatives to drive business objectives for PFD in alignment with BOW.
Responsible for First Line of Defense Control and Governance team of PFD, including compliance risk assessment, compliance monitoring, risk mitigation, policies, compliance reporting, compliance training assignment and follow up, audit recommendation follow up and audit/regulatory change management.
Engage internally and externally with regulators and BNP Paribas Group in coordination with the Reg Relations team at BOW as needed.
Participate and be active member in the PFD leadership team
Other Job Duties
- Evaluates current economic conditions and regulatory environment, and advises management of possible impact on entire product and service lines of the overall business segment.
- Manages vendor and partner relationships to ensure that bank objectives are achieved.
- Requires exceptional business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams. Requires technical and operational capability to define and/or oversee program design in broad area of responsibility. Typically has broad substantive management experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization. Applies extensive business and industry expertise and provides organizational thought leadership.
- Requires exceptional business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams.
- Requires strategic and technical capability to define and/or oversee program design in broad area of responsibility.
- Typically has broad substantive management experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization.
- Applies extensive business and industry expertise and provides organizational thought leadership.
- Requires 15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- E2 - 15 yrs Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 15 years prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.