About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Hispanic Latin America region is a key market for BNP Paribas. While Brazil remains the largest economy in Latin America, other major countries in the region are also significant contributors for the business and for long standing relations with clients. For example, BNP Paribas has been uninterruptedly present in Colombia for more than 40 years.
BNP Paribas has a historical footprint in the Hispanic Latin America. The Bank has been in the region since 1914 and is now present in 5 countries with nearly 2000 employees between Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) and International Financial Services.
CIB in Hispanic Latin America has world-class teams of roughly 200 professionals spread among Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Argentina, thus ensuring an overall coverage of BNP Paribas’ client franchise in the region. All BNP Paribas’ business lines have operations in Hispanic Latin America and are structured in such a way as to provide their clients with the best combination of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. In the context of growing globalization, they are able to accommodate their clients thanks to their powerful regional platforms:
• In North America (essentially New York but also other hubs such as Houston and San Francisco) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) with a number of professionals covering Latin America.
• In the whole of Europe with major hubs such as Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, etc.
• In Asia with a broad coverage of all major economies in the region.
In Colombia, BNP Paribas has presence through 5 entities representing the Group: the Rep. Office, the Corporación Financiera and a Trust company for the Corporate and Institutional Banking pole. As for International Financing Services, an insurance company (Cardif) and a Rep Office for Asset Management Services. BNP Paribas is the European bank with the longest uninterrupted presence in the country.
Ensuring efficient management and leadership for the Team and Deliver high quality of clearing and custody operative services to our clients.
Managing high quality standards in the processes and services provided. Defining effective controls to mitigate operational risks.
The Head of shared services will be deeply involved in the definition, set-up, parameterization and testing of the IT solution to be deployed to support the activity.
Related to Human resourse, To persue the individual and collective growth of members of the team, generating a friendly environment and responsibility within the team.
The Head of shared services will play an integral role in the ongoing management and growth of the business lines in Colombia, serve as a strategic contact, and support role for internal and external clients, auditors, the infrastructures, along with third party vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure Conduct governance is fully operational, as per standard guidelines: Conduct is a standard item at the agenda of management or team meetings, Conduct dilemma are well managed and documented, the escalation process is in place, Conduct responsibilities are delegated throughout the perimeter in charge
• Be aware of the Conduct risks arising in the perimeter in charge and make sure that appropriate mitigating processes and controls are in place.
• Ensure Conduct principles are fully embedded in processes including people management processes (appraisal, promotion, mobility, recruitment, …)
• Develop understanding of Conduct principles by ensuring staff participation to awareness & training sessions
• Promote rapid and effective communication channels with the Regulators and the control entities.
• Optimize process flows, guaranteeing quality, control and efficiency in daily production.
• Take effective measures to ensure that the daily production is carried out under regulatory guidelines and policies.
• Ensure that the business continuity plans operate on contingency without impacting the business
• Develop and document processes and procedures.
• Support new business growth
BP2S client delivery:
• Ensure the operating model is relevant for our clients’ actual and future needs and ensure a smooth implementation of new products and solutions
• Serve as a senior operations contact for internal and external customers.
• Provide excellent client service, considering the specific needs of clients
• Ensure that our products, processes and services perform in line with expectations
• Provide good value to our clients and endeavor to achieve the best possible results for them at times.
Back-Office Corporacion Financiera:
• Ensuring the daily production of all the Front Office
• Providing operational support to local clients and foreign investors.
• Ensuring the proper operation of the regulatory reports of the area.
Due diligence & Client referential:
• Managing the process of onboarding and recertification of local clients and foreign investors, according to the internal policies and the local regulation.
• Ensuring the correct preservation of the documentation.
• Contribute to the fulfillment of the policies of KYC, AML, FATCA /AEOI
• Ensuring that the controls established in Product Control are carried out.
• Ensure that controls and processes are implemented in order to perform the correct valuation of the portfolios.
• Produce timely information for management, which can help mitigate financial/economic risks.
• Ensuring the proper management of the market risk.
• Professional Education: Undergraduate in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Accounting or related areas.
• Specialized Knowledge: Clearing & settlement of securities,securities services, cash and treasury. Product knowledge on: derivatives, Futures, securities lending, Forwards, Spots, Swaps. Financial mathematics, databases, advanced Excel, exchange regulation, SWIFT messaging structure. Notions on Credit Risk.
• Skills: Team Work, Effective delegation, result-oriented., adaptability, accountability, analytical skills, leadership, planning, decision making, Initiative.
• English language > C1
• Other characteristics: Proactivity, service attitude
• Experience of at least 8 year within the financial industry.
Head of BP2S, COO CIB
Internal: Front Office (Global Markets and ALM Treasury), BP2S client lines & client development, Finance, local functions. Global and regional ( Americas) teams according to the different business lines supported.
External: Foreign and local BP2S’ Clients Superintendence of finance, Banco República, Asobancaria, Asofiduciarias, BVC (Stock exchange), CRCC, CCDC, CSDs (Deceval, DCV) , Other providers & counterparties of the Financial Sector* .
*Applicable for the Colombian, Peruvian and Chilean Market
Primary Location: CO-DC-BogotáJob Type: EstándarJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGExperience Level: Al menos 7 añosSchedule: Tiempo completo
Behavioural competency: Capacidad para colaborar/ trabajar en equipo, Capacidad de adaptación, Atención al detalle/ Rigor, Capacidad para tomar decisionesTransversal competency: Capacidad de análisis, Capacidad para inspirar a los demás y generar compromiso, Capacidad para gestionar un proyecto