Head of Retail Physical Distribution and Products
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West.
There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
- We need a results driven, innovative, customer centric and passionate leader who will lead the software configuration, integration and engineering on the Retail Branch, Contact Centre, ATM, Debit and Credit Card Technology platforms. Working closely with our Retail change teams they will improve customer experience, drive revenue and reduce business costs.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of technical systems and applications. Adopts and executes technical standards, process and governance across the Retail project portfolio.
- Create and deliver a 3-year Branch, Contact Centre and ATM modernization strategy targeted at replacing outdated technology with current technology, teams, and development techniques.
- Build rapport within the organization related to systems development and support efforts. Maintain relationships with vendors and professional organizations to support these efforts and maintain currency on industry trends. Identify new opportunities that add value for customers and enhances the value of the relationship for BOTW.
▪ Partner with the enterprise program office to contribute best practices and transform the organizations change capabilities by migrating to Agile delivery.
▪ Creates transparency into the project portfolio to support capital and operating expenses and budgets. Reports on key technology success metrics.
▪ Ensure projects are realistic, interesting, and fun for everyone involved.
▪ Focus on the customer to introduce and employ best in class technology solutions
- Manages work queues and prioritizes to achieve maximum utility of resources and optimum delivery time. Utilizes productivity tools, measures and procedures.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services.
- Develops and manages direct operating expense financial plans for the group and allocates funds within the budget.
- Develops recommendations of capital funding.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules investigation, feasibility studies and surveys, including the economic evaluations or proposed technology-based products and services to determine cost, benefit and applicability.
- Works with the executives of business units to coordinate the prioritization of application software projects. Develops cross system impact plan and coordinates with information systems groups.
- Participates with all areas on information systems to design and maintain overall application software and system's architecture.
- Requires excellent presentation skills, strong "service" mindset with proven performance in the development and maintenance of systems.
- Supports training and professional development for staff members as needed to perform job duties
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, and monitors progress and risks. Develops recommendations/action plans. Assesses overall performance of units and develops/monitors action plans.
- Creates quality standards group.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Interprets their applicability to short and long-term bank needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – External Required Experience
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- 15+ years of experience working in technology management and /or business roles within a financial services institution.
- Previous experience managing a large departmental budgets and capital-investment budgets
- Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals; can clearly convey information and ideas and listens and responds appropriately to customers, external contacts and individuals throughout BOTW.
- Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with customers, external contacts and individuals throughout BOTW.
- Leadership experience including the following: Credit Card Account Opening & Servicing, Know Your Customer (KYC), Branch Software Replacement, ATM Life Cycle Management and Contact Center technology.
- Strong track record uncovering customer needs, relating benefits to product/service features, handling objections and closes the sale.
- Managerial interest and a leadership orientation; experience supporting and operating in global locations with a strong appreciation of cultures.
- Vendor leadership experience with key vendors including FIS, Fiserv, First Data, Appian, and Microsoft.
- Extensive software development and software integration experience for both internal developed software and vendor products using responsive design patterns, micro services, and enterprise web services.
- Test driven development, performance testing, load testing, and scalability testing to ensure solutions are high quality.
- Ability to think quickly, present multiple solution options, and drive reliable technical solutions.
- Extensive experience with multiple SDLC methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Complete knowledge of information systems in the financial industry with experience in large scale, mid-range and microtech environments.
- Proven track record in developing and managing diverse technologies and systems.
- Extensive banking systems knowledge.
- Experience in developing business proposals.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex, concurrent systems and projects.
- Experience with managing vendor services and relationships.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.