At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing and implementing strategic growth strategies that will help Bank of the West grow and increase market share in Business Line with significant measurable bottom line impact. Responsible for supporting business development, sales management processes, advanced analytics and insights, financial modeling, marketing strategies, strategic planning and production staffing optimization. Leverages business intelligence across internal and external data to develop specific go-to-market strategies in the areas of sales and pipeline management, sales tools, marketing initiatives, product & process innovation, pricing and customer experience programs to responsibly and profitably grow Bank of The West's customer base across its footprint.Essential Job Functions
- Provide direction and leadership tobusiness units and functional areas to create and implement high impact growth strategies leveraging business data, market intelligence and business knowledge.
- Lead innovation strategy by working directly and in partnership with internal and external resources. Develop sales and innovation strategies that drive business results while adhering to the highest standards of risk management.
- Generate strong business results in alignment with sales goals by analyzing strategic customer opportunities, driving innovation initiatives and leading the creation and execution of a well-crafted business plan. Lead efforts to support business line sales team members with relationship strategies, programs and plans to develop tailored, solution-based approaches to meet our customers’ specific needs.
- Provide leadership in internal as well as sales industry strategic & innovation planning activities. Collaborate with the group’s executive and financial management teams to develop capacity planning models and drive strategies to best align FTE, gearing and sales, incentive plans, product and marketing strategies to drive growth and efficiency. Contribute to financial and resource planning, expenditure strategy and budgeting processes through analytics and strategic planning.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Management, Finance or related
- E1 - 15 yrs Requires advanced business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams. Typically has broader practical experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory, past practical experience and the organization’s business practices.
Requires 15 years minimum prior relevant experience."
- Executive leadership with strong sales, business development, strategy, analytics and marketing experience.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and fostering relationships with internal partners and external customers with initiative to achieve goals.
- Exceptional capability in driving business results through partnering with key stakeholders, leveraging collaborative teams and ensuring accountability for goals and objectives.
- Strong executive communication and negotiation skills; relationship builder with strong problem solving, execution oriented and ability to influence and drive change.
- Ability to navigate and execute across all levels, functions and business units.
- Strong business analytics and business insights knowledge and skills.
- Excellent business judgment.
- Inspiring leadership to motivate team members, assess talent and develop individuals and high-performing teams working on complex cross-organizational, transformational projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- SME- Executive leadership with strong sales, business development, strategy, analytics and marketing experience preferably in Small Business, Business Banking or Commercial Banking.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance