At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The new Group Head of Treasury Solutions Product Management is responsible for leadership of the Product Management teams in the Treasury Solutions Division. The individual oversees solutions involving all domestic and international payments, receivables, and information reporting capabilities as well as on line banking solutions. He/she will own the P&L of all treasury management products and services from an end to end process perspective. The scope of responsibilities includes market analysis, new and existing product development, commercialization, financial management and product administration.
Essential Job Functions
Market analysis: includes product strategy development and communication, industry trend tracking, market surveys, competitive intelligence gathering, regulatory intelligence gathering, collating client feedback and segmentation analysis
Product Development: encompasses both domestic and international capabilities, as well as on line banking channels and includes roadmap development and maintenance, development prioritization, creation of business cases, business requirements and functional specifications, overseeing project management, ensuring operational readiness, preparing for and ensuring NAC approval
Commercialization: includes subject matter expertise in support of sales, developing and conducting product training, developing and maintaining product documentation including legal documentation, including up to date web site content, developing and maintaining sales collateral, publishing publications and attending and speaking at conferences and membership/representation in select associations and industry groups
Financial Management: includes developing and maintaining business plans, managing the P&L of each product, forecasting and budgeting, deal pricing and pricing policy development, maintenance and communication, and pricing modeling
Product Administration: includes participation and leadership in internal partnership meetings and discussions, cooperating with, responding to and remediating findings related to audits, vendor management, compliance with regulatory and compliance issues and updates, and risk management
- A minimum of 15 years of experience with treasury management, product management, P&L management, and strategy for commercializing new products and services in a regional bank, large bank or closely related technology-driven organization
- At least 10 years of supervisory or managerial experience for leading a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing required; Master’s/Advanced Degree preferred
- Required license(s) or certification(s) Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) preferred
- Experience developing and rolling out international product capabilities including on line banking
- Demonstrated ability creating and implemented market strategies for clients with cross border treasury management needs
- Significant experience attracting, developing and retaining top talent, including team building and mentoring
- Expert knowledge of product management disciplines in a changing environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.