At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
This executive level position will lead and manage all aspects of product management within digital properties for Bank of the West. The position will report directly to the Head of Digital Channels, within the Retail Banking Group. This role is responsible for defining both the short and long term product strategy for the Bank’s flagship digital properties in order to increase customer engagement and drive frictionless experiences. The role will indirectly be responsible for the reduction in physical consumer interactions and the increase in digital adoption across the portfolio.
The Head of Product is one of the most influential and transformative roles within the Bank and will have significant visibility at the C level across the Bank. We are looking for a leader who will re-image the digital product practice and influence digital thought leadership across the enterprise. This role will be responsible for reshaping the thinking and product management methodology with a focus on customer experience and leveraging data to drive decision making. The role has a team of 14+
This leader will establish clear product strategies particular emphasis on developing new artifacts and guidelines. This is a strategic role that also requires the ability to shift into the details. This position works closely with the Marketing, Technology, Project Management Office, Channel Administration, Channel Sales, Risk, Legal, and key stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions
Define product roadmap and establish a clear overall product strategy for the digital product portfolio
Be a thought leader and drive cultural change throughout the enterprise.
- Create, define, and manage digital product strategic roadmap, focusing on products and platforms (mobile and online) for all lines of business within BOTW (Retail Banking, Small and Medium Enterprise, Wealth, Commercial Banking, and Personal Finance)
- Redefine the current product management and delivery methodology with a focus on agile (rapid) transformation
Deliver a mindset shift of product managers from project to full product mode, with business driver KPI’s (key performance indicators) which validate bottom line digital contribution across the enterprise
Define and drive growth measured by an increased engagement on BOTW digital properties, more profitable customers, and larger wallet share in all segments
Drive the strategy and thought leadership for imagining the build of a standalone flagship mobile app which will replace the current primary mobile app. This includes managing the feature set, conversation and migration plan, build strategy, and bringing current mobile properties under one umbrella
- Drive the digital prioritization of agile delivery through sound logic, data, and business alignment. Lead continual discussions with business lines and support functions gaining alignment and support on “what” and “how” digital channels builds.
- Drive consumer engagement and digital wallet share through product optimization by leveraging human centric design coupled with product placement within digital properties
- Expert in managing and maintaining relationships internally and externally – managing the heartbeat is critical for success in this role
- Drive meaningful cultural change within digital channels and the enterprise with thought leadership and introduction of new level of thinking - Measurement will be around hiring talent, who can also attract and hire talent
- Be entrenched in all aspects of the digital business across lines of business at BOTW.
Understand and dissect macro level trends within industries and bring thought leadership on how BOTW should be positioned within the digital ecosystem
- Develop fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations and ensure strategic digital channels vision is accomplished
- Expertise in managing agile methodology and working it into all aspects of product management activities
- Partner with third party providers and industry forums to ensure Bank of the West manages aspects of vendor roadmaps and prioritization exercises
- Manage and lead a team directly and through subordinate managers, including selection, performance management, and resource allocation
- 10+ years of experience, with increasing responsibility and success, creating and leading digital product teams, with strong emphasis in customer experience/engagement; minimum 5 years of consumer and/or consulting experience successfully leading a design strategy and management team
- Expertise in leveraging data, statistics, and research into formulating product management strategy and roadmap
- Expertise in understanding product management, including product placement, fees, customer engagement, and deepening digital wallet share
- Experience defining and delivering large-scale product initiatives, including requirements gathering, roadmap, and execution
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with functional and regional leaders within Bank of the West and BNPP
- Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Through knowledge of a wide range of analytical tools, business planning financial analysis, asset/liability concepts, price elasticity and pricing tools, as well as market research
- Strong leadership with ability to coach and develop team members
- Ability to handle multiple projects
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science. Master’s degree preferred
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Digital Services